Chapter twenty-three - They Say Time Is The Only Healer

Garroth's P.O.V.

I'm in pain, I haven't left our room since what happened, neither has Laurance for that matter. I don't blame him though, he's been cuddling and kissing me the whole time, not that I mind, but sometimes it hurts if he leans against me the wrong way with all my bruises and scars Gene gave me. They hurt, yes, but there's no easy way to heal them. But I guess I wish I could go out on the beach, but then again, people would look at me weirdly.

"Laurance.. I want to go outside..." I finally have the courage I say. He looks down at me and I can tell what he was thinking. 'He's going to be there..'

"Garroth, I know, but I don't trust outside right now.."

"I know, but you always say you want the best for me, right?"

"You know that's all I want for you, but it's only been a couple days, Gene's probably waiting for the perfect moment to get some of my Garroth." He jokes, trying to make me feel better.

"Mhmm.." I say and bury my head in his chest.

I start falling asleep, but I can't, I only have visions of Gene's hand sharply meeting my face. I quickly open my eyes Laurance takes his hand from around me and feels my face, I flinch before he touches my face, he pulls hand back slowly.

"See, you don't even feel like your protected with your own boyfriend.."

I hold back tears and let him feel my scars.

"I-I-I'm so sorry..." I say and cry.

"Don't you dare be sorry! This isn't your fault whatsoever, you had no control over it!"

I keep crying I just can't stop, I feel very insecure now, even with Laurance right there. I keep having visions that Gene's going to come back and either sexually or physically abuse me. He's done both.. I can't stop thinking about it and I haven't gotten any sleep since the incident. Nobody knows either, only me, Laurance and ..Gene..

Laurence's P.O.V.

My heart breaks at the fact that Garroth's crying and I can't much about it, I've never gotten abused before, it must be horrible.. the visions keep replaying through my head. Me seeing Garroth being slapped and me pushing Gene out the window.. I can't believe that actually happened..

Knock knock

"Garroth, Laurance..?" I hear Aphmau say from outside the door, she doesn't know about anything that happened. Garroth flinches at the knocks on the door.

"Your alright, it's just Aphmau.. can I let her in?" I ask as he calms down.

"Sure.." he quietly says.

"Come on in, Aph." I say.

She opens the door and cups her hands over her mouth at the sight of the scars and bruises.

"OH MY GOSH, GARROTH, WHAT HAPPENED?!" She yells.

"Agh!" Garroth replies.

"Shh, it's ok, headache again?" I ask and look down at him.

"Mhmm.."

"Hey, Aph, could you keep it down? He's got a headache.." I ask.

"Yeah, but what happened?!" She whisper shouts

"GENE!" Garroth yells out of nowhere and bursts into tears.

Aphmu looks confused and then she walks over to us and looks at the scars he left and she goes to touch them but he flinches back and looks up at me.

"Huh? Garroth.."

"Hey , she's not going hurt you and neither will I, she just wants to see how bad they are.."

"Huh? I would never hurt you Garroth!" She says on the verge of tears.

"So, basically what happened was when on stormed out a couple days ago, to go look for Gene, he came in through the windows and started kissing Garroth and if he didn't do something that Gene wanted he would abuse him, so now we're trying to get those healed."

As I tell the story Garroth stands up and bursts through the door. Aphmau goes after him, but I stop her and she stares at me confused. I stand up and look her in the eyes.

"He needs space, he's been in this room since it happened, he needs to get out..."

Hello my kitties, this is getting good now, I just wanted to say, thank you so so so much for over 2k veiws!! I never thought I'd even reach 100! I wanted to give a big thanks to Yolo_X_Gaminig for giving me insperation, I hope you are still enjoying the story!
~Kylie