not so secret(the missing chapter part of 'boats')

This is the long waited part that was missing from the chapter "boats" It's taken me so long to come back to this part but here we are. It also explains why 'boats' is only 675 words.

If you're slightly confused why this here, just know that when I wrote this there was a part the was mistakenly cut and I'm writing this after months of finishing the book.

And seeing this book grow to what it has become is amazing. We are just a few votes away from 4k votes and once I post this I'm sure the votes will spike up like this did when originally writing this. 

Also, I added a lot to the chapter 'family' so check that out.

----

The ocean spray, the city behind them....

Lance felt like he was in a movie about a country boy moving to the city. His mood wavered once he realized he was in fact, not moving here and only visiting.

"I wish Shiro was here," Keith murmured. 

"And Hunk," Lance added.

"Pidge?"

"Yea, her too," Lance sighed. "Allura would love it."

"So would Coran." Keith turned to look at Lance and Lance returned it.

Lance smiled, "You know? I kinda miss them. I thought it would be great to get away from them."

"I know," Keith agreed. "But instead, I can't stop thinking about them."

Lance nodded. They stood in silence. As if a light bulb went off in Keith's head he sat down on a free bench. He pressed their wristbands, hoping for it to call Pidge. To his luck, it called Pidge.

Lance asked puzzled, "What are you doing?"

"I didn't really realize how close I was to everyone until I couldn't stop thinking about them," Keith said.

"So?"

Pidge popped up in the air and smiled, "Hey guys, what's u-"

"I have something to tell everyone, can you get everyone together?" Keith asked.

Pidge looked confused but turned her alien laptop to a long table with everyone already there.

Shiro cocked his head slightly, "Hey Keith, is there something wrong?" 

Hunk waved at the camera cheerfully, "Lance! Keith! How is it- wait, why is the camera rocking? Is that the beach I hear? Where are you!?"

Lance's eye darted around, "Keith, I don't think this is the best place to do this. What if someone sees this hologram screen?"

Keith waved away Lance's worry. "Look around, everyone is too focused on the water and statue of liberty." He sighed. "I just, I have something personal to tell everyone. I didn't want it to be a big deal-"

"You're making this a big deal," Hunk pointed out.

"But Lance and I just realized that we missed you guys a lot."

"Aw," Hunk said. "We miss you too!"

"Anyways, you guys are like my family. I haven't had a lot of great experiences with friends or family and I just wanted to say that uh... well... I'm gay." 

And then there was silence.