boats

"The Big Apple, NYC, New York!" Keith shouted, giving the biggest smile Lance he had ever seen. Keith's eyes flicked around as if trying to take it all in. Lance smirked. From what little Lance knew about Keith's past, he'd lived in some rural area and hardly went to big cities.

"I know, I know, I'm the best." 

"Well? Where should we go first?!"

"How about the statue of liberty?" Lance replied thoughtfully.

Keith nodded his head, "Yes!"

Lance was thankful for bringing his wallet with him. American US dollars had not been super useful in space, for obvious reasons so he had enough on him for this.

He paid for two tickets for the boat there while Keith stood a few paces behind Lance watching all the busy people.

"Anything else?" The cashier smiled fakely.

"Ah no, we're good," Lance smiled fakely back. Keith seized Lance's hand and tugged his arm, pointing at the boat.

The cashier looked at Keith, who wasn't paying attention to her. She turned back to Lance, giving a real smile this time, "You guys are so cute!"

Lance blushed and stammered to set her straight, "Ahh-um it's not really li-"

And just like that Keith dragged Lance away before he could finish.

--------

Keith hopped onto the boat and Lance followed. Keith hadn't dropped Lance's hand the entire time. Keith knew very well that he was still holding Lance's hand, he tried to drop it several times but couldn't do it. It just felt so right.

His hand in Lance's big hand. It seemed to fit so perfectly into his. Lance's hands were so soft and Keith finally started to appreciate Lance's skin routine. Keith's giddiness died down after a while and soon it felt embarrassing to keep holding Lance's hand on the boat.

"Lance, I'm going to run to the bathroom," Keith said, dropping Lance's hand. They both felt a loss of something when they both left to go. Lance knew that he was really starting to fall for Keith.

Keith, on the other hand, ran off to the bathroom. He was confused, it had been a little too long since he'd felt something like this and didn't like the feeling. He splashed his face with cold water, trying to knock himself back into some sort of sense. He looked at himself in the mirror and saw someone smiling back at him. It took him a moment to realize that it was just himself. He hadn't smiled like this in a while.

Lance waited patiently.... okay impatiently nearby the bathroom. He was snacking on some lays chips and GOD did they taste good. After months and months of goo, salty goodness is really all you need to have a foodgasm.

He was trying to distract himself from Keith with food.

I wonder why he went to the bathroom.... did I do something wrong?

He suddenly felt stupid, since Keith could just be going to the bathroom, to literally just going to take a piss. Lance then imagined this and felt a complete pervert.

I didn't want to imagine it!

Lance was blushing his moisturized ass off when Keith came back. Lance wasn't paying attention so Keith stole his bag of chips and ate one.

"Mmm," Keith savored it. This snapped Lance out of his trance and focused into Keith. "I missed this food so much!"

"Maybe it'll finally put some meat back on your bones," Lance said. Keith looked surprised.

"You noticed?" Lance glanced over at Keith realizing that he had confirmed watching Keith eat.

"Well of course... you rarely eat enough for all the training you do," Lance sheepishly added.

Keith ate another chip, "Shiro noticed it too... he said it was unhealthy but the goo makes me want to throw up half the time, it's just so gross." He made a face.

"Just, don't go starving yourself or anything."

"It's not like I'm doing it on purpose."

"Fine how about while we're here we buy a ton of food?"

Keith smiled at that idea, "Sure, sounds good."

-----------