show you

Lance didn't know how to break the news to his family and as he tried to explain, everything appeared to crash and burn in front of him. There was a lot of crying- which Keith stayed out of.

Leaving Again?

Lance thought these few hours were amazing, but-Keith deserved time with his family.

So they left. Keith waved as they began to walk towards the lion but many of their eyes were filled with tears. Only JD waved back.

"Where to?"

"Texas."

"Holy quiznack, you lived in Texas?"

"Yes, and you even know what quiznack means now and you are still using it wrong."

Lance smiled, thanking the Lord Keith wasn't being awkward about their almost kiss. Except at the same time it yet like Keith was just ignoring his feelings? Yeah, it still felt crappy.

Was there really nothing there? Did he feel nothing for him? Right now, he didn't think he'd want the answer.

----

By the time they got there, the sun was just peaking over the edge of the horizon and Keith was passed out.

Lance shook Keith awake.

"Dude get up we're here"

"Huh? Oh, yea... Texas." 

Keith stretched a bit before leading Lance out right where he wanted. Lance had parked the Lion on the only hill close to the town, trying to mask it behind some trees. From here Lance got the full view. It was a tiny, tiny town with little to nothing there. There was a town hall, few shops, and restaurants, a playground, a school with Pre-K to 12th grade, and a few other necessities. Scattered around were houses. Some quaint and small, and some big and bold. All of them were old.

"This is like, a very small town dude."

"It's bigger than what I remember actually. I think there are a few new stores." Keith started down the hill, yawning, and Lance following close behind.

Lance smiled a little, "Seems impossible."

"When you live in a town like this, you're just thankful for the shit that is here."

"I don't know about that. Didn't you ever think, 'man it'd be nice to have a few more... uh, indian restaurants around?'"

"You are such a... a goofball. There are no Indian restaurants here." Keith stopped in his tracks and rubbed his eyes. They had reached the roads leading into town. His eye wandered the streets and the playground. The golden glow of the sunrise and the quiet town- a few hours from waking up. Keith's feet moved without thought straight toward the rusted swing set.

"Did you just call me a goofball?" Lance laughed as he tried to keep up with him. Keith sat down on the swing and Lance joined him. They sat in silence for a moment, listening to the bird's chirp and watching the trees sway with the breeze.

"Were you a swing kid?"

"What?"

"Like a swing kid or a slide kid. You just booked it to the swings so..."

"That's a stupid question." Pause. "And a swing is superior." 

Lance nodded as he swung back and forth. "I was really really good at the monkey bars. I could do all these tricks dude. Speaking of tricks, watch this." He slid off the swing and was launched into the air, landed on his feet, and with the momentum did a somersault. He quickly turned on his ass around to face Keith. "Pretty sweet right?"