shopping cart fights

"Keith. Keith. Keith!"

Keith was shaken awake to find himself on top on Lance who was flustered but managing alright.

He quickly jumped up and dusted himself off even though the lion was perfectly clean.

Lance sat there awkwardly. He had dropped them off at the nearest supermarket and pulled out the cash from his wallet that had been refilled with money.

"Lance, why are we at a supermarket?"

"Be-because uh," Lance looked for anything to say and smiled, "a regular market isn't good enough for you?"

"I.. uh um..." Keith ruffled his hair with a quite sudden loss of words.

Lance was absolutely overwhelmed with Keith's reaction. He hadn't expected such an emotional one. Just days ago Keith would have yelled at him or walked away. Maybe there was something to the bonding mission...
"Okay, for real. I made you a promise that we'd buy you some food before we left." Lance motioned to the store. "And here we are."

"A promise?" Most promises were empty words to him. So many of them had been broken without hesitation.
'We're adopting you.'
'You can stay here with Jordan and the others and me forever.' -Ms.Merriweather
'You'll find that forever home.'
'You'll graduate from the garrison at the top of your class.'
'I'll be back soon'-Shiro

Keith practically jumped Lance. His arms swung around Lance's neck and face pressed into his shoulder.

Lance stood there stick straight.
We are just shopping...

"Hey Hey, Keith. It's no big deal. It's just getting food."

"Yeah Yeah, just food."

Lance patted Keith's back before walking into the supermarket. Keith stood there thinking.

It's not just food.

It was about trust.

Everyone had either broken it or hadn't given it to him. It was silly. He knew it was silly. No, it wasn't silly. But it most definitely was.

Ugh! What was so different about this? It is a small promise. Nothing huge Keith! Maybe it's the person promising it?

Keith ran over to catch up with Lance. They grabbed a cart and walked in. Quiet music was playing and a few employees were scattered about talking unprofessionally. No one came into the market so early and caught them off guard.

Keith walked right past them and Lance hauled a cart right behind him. The employees resumed their chatting as they went to an aisle.

Lance looked at the granola bars and oatmeal lining the aisle.
"Anything you want in general?"

Keith turned to Lance and he had a goofy smile on his face.
"Ice cream and yogurt and apples, god I miss apples. Also, Pidge never stops talking about Taki things? They're really spicy and sort of crunchy snacks? Shiro craves pistachios on a regular basis. Hunk loves chocolate drinks. Where are the chocolate milk and hot chocolate? We should also buy him pancake mix and pie ingredients."

Lance smiled. He knew all of this, of course, he memorized this stuff ages ago. He wouldn't stop Keith from talking though. He was passionate about their favorite food and obviously had taken note in case he ever came across it. He probably never thought he'd use the knowledge so soon though.

Keith went on and on while walking the aisles and Lance was right behind him, tossing everything in Keith was suggesting and more.