Bound by Law || 20- Trip Gone Wrong

Start from the beginning

I shook my head, causing his eyebrows to furrow and him to stop what he was doing.

"I'm not coming," I stated.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Yeah, you are."

"No, I'm not. I'm staying."

"Well, you don't have a fucking choice. You're coming whether you like it or not."

"And who are you to tell me what to do? You don't own me."

"Since you live in my house, you follow my rules. You listen to me and so long as you are legally my wife then you're my responsibility. If you don't like that, you can leave."

"I—" I was stuck on what to say. "—well, too bad because this 'Sasquatch' doesn't want to come with you," I spat.

That caused Jai to freeze and his shoulders to tense. There was a look in his eyes that made my own widen and I stared, baffled.

...is he offended?

But as soon as it came, it disappeared like it never appeared, and his eyes went back to it's usual coldness.

Jai clenched his jaw, his eyes glinting dangerously.

"That was called a joke. Stop being a childish brat and get ready to leave."

I stood my ground and shook my head. "A joke is only a joke when the other person finds it funny, too. And I didn't find that funny at all."

"Whatever. You're coming regardless."

"No."

As soon as that word left my lips, he stormed over to me. He leaned down so that we were at eye level.

"I don't know if you know but guess what? You don't have a choice. You're coming."

My lips trembled, but I looked straight at him, the amber in his eyes turning dark with fury.

"And what if I don't?" I retaliated softly, trying to act confident but failing. My hands, however, displayed the anger I was feeling as they clenched into fists, my nails digging into the skin of my palm. I bit down on my tongue to refrain from hissing in pain.

"I'll go through with what I said before; I'll drag you into the woods and leave you there."

Though I was scared, I refused to back down and managed to voice my doubts instead.

"Why do you want me to come so badly?" I asked, voice soft and genuinely curious.

The question made him pause and he stared at me for a little while before opening his mouth.

"If you don't come, my supposed wife, then what will they think about me? Or you, for that matter?"

"Since when did you care what your family thought about me?"

"Since now," he growled out before stepping away and pushing both hands through his hair in frustration.

"Just pack, Karishma," he said more softly, as if he gave up.