ch. 3 - saviour

'He had those kind eyes that that shone with the light of

'everything will be okay'' –Atticus

||||

"Harry...?" Adeline quietly asked. It was only about two days after she had met him, and she was speaking a lot more to him now, as he had visited her much longer over the weekend. He turned to her; they were always in this one position. Harry would be sitting on the end of her Hospital wing bed, whilst she would sit just below the pillow, her legs crossed, facing Harry's left side when he wasn't facing her. Sometimes, she'd even sit next to him; shoulder-to-shoulder, knee-to-knee.

"Yeah?" He replied, turning to face her. She let the Paper Plane she was controlling fly back down onto her lap. It was like their... 'thing' that they did; she loved it when he made the paper planes. He was even planning on teaching her how to make them.

"Well... why... why are you here...?" She asked, Harry rather shocked; this was her first full sentence. Well, to him, anyway. He couldn't help but feel quite proud of her.

So he explained. He explained all about the Tri-wizard tournament; how someone had put his name in. About what had taken place in the First Task. How he was so unprepared. And, with slight hesitancy, how he was scared.

He smiled slightly at her as she reached over and put her hand on his. He then explained the Second Task. And she listened. She didn't judge him as he explained the fear he felt, and he was eternally grateful to have someone he could trust like this. He didn't know why he told her how he felt; he hadn't told Ron and Hermione this, so why was he spilling it all out to a girl he only just had met?

"... And then I saw you. Underwater. I... kind of... saved you, and then..." But he was cut off by her, for the first time during his explanation. But not by words; by Adeline sitting next to him and hugging him.

To say he was shocked was an understatement, but, he hugged back gently when he realised she was crying on his shoulder. After she pulled back, she wiped her eyes, though still sat next to him, avoiding his eyes.

"Are you... are you OK?" Harry asked, once again hesitant, Adeline sniffing before replying, turning to face him;

"You saved me..."

"Well... yes, I guess I did, but..."

"You saved me, Harry. You didn't even know me, but you still saved me." She said, taking his hand into hers, and before he could reply, she continued;

"Thank you. Thank you so, so, so much." She thanked, resting her head onto his shoulder, Harry resting his head gently on hers.

"It's no problem, really..." he said modestly, and was –once again- rather surprised at how she silently cried, once again. He didn't know why she was crying, but figured he shouldn't ask; it might make her more upset.

So they sat there; Harry rubbing small circles on the back of her hand. It was silent, but not awkward. It was comforting; for both of them.