Six

I let go of his hand, looking over my shoulder. "I should go. Your secretary said this was your lunch break."

"She wasn't wrong," he admitted. He stood up, buttoning up his coat. "Say, how about you join me for lunch?"

I raised my brows. "Me?"

"I see no one else here that I would ask," Taehyung drawled. I nearly cringed slightly at the sarcasm.

He walked over to the door, opening it for me.

"Thanks," I murmured, exiting his room.

The old secretary glanced at me. I didn't bother saying sorry. Not when I knew I was right.

Taehyung exchanged knowing looks with the old woman before catching up with me.

"Where are we going?" I asked, more to fill the silence I knew would soon to come.

"A café I go to often. It's basically a restaurant, but it's more famous for its beverage."

Taehyung pressed the elevator button, the doors opening. We both went inside, him pressing for ground floor.

The wait was now accompanied with this uncomfortable silence. I fidgeted a lot, either tucking a loose stand behind my ear, or playing with a ruffle.

Taehyung looked like he wanted to make a conversation. But then I've never been great at small talk. I can't be asked to listen about someone's irrelevant bullshit.

"Are you alright, Miss Yoon?"

I perked my head towards Taehyung. "Uh, yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking."

"Someone in particular?" he asked, as the doors finally opened.

What kind of question was that? "No, just over the fact that I'm a... a model of V. That I'll be working for..." I looked at him. "You."

Taehyung and I walked over to the exits, pushing the doors open.

He twisted his lips at my statement. "With a person as beautiful as yourself, I should be the one thinking that about you. Not the other way around."

I was disgusted at how many times I was blushing, but I couldn't help it.

As me and Taehyung walked down the high end, I was surprised that no press or paparazzi bothered him. I said as much to him.

"No one really comes at me in the high end of Seoul," he explained. "Mainly because I've already showed them before never to bother me while I'm having lunch."

Oh yeah. A huge thing went around a few months back where a journalist was pestering Taehyung while he was out eating.

Let's just say her face was covered with food when she returned.

I wasn't really surprised. Everyone knew about Taehyung's temper. He was calm right now, though, so that was alright.

He turned right, and the sign Scent of Seoul flickered in front of us. "That's the one," he said.

Taehyung pushed the doors open, ushering me to go in first. I took a step inside.

The restaurant looked glamorous, beige painted on the walls and mahogany lining every side of the room. Chocolate brown chairs adorned most of the floor, and on the far right sat a long counter. On the tables sat flower-filled vases.

The café looked expensive. Dozens of well-dressed men and women ate and conversed in the restaurant, an air of rich and high class clear in the room.