Twenty Five

I mentally cursed myself the entire way I made my way through out the building.

Fucking dumbass, stupid little-

Grabbing my beige coat from the hanger at the entrance, I exited the headquarters.

My eyes darted to my surroundings outside, the sun tingeing the metallic buildings in all shades of orange.

A man's black hair shined orange on the top, his silhouette stark against the sun's light.

The smoke he blew out from his mouth merged in that colour.

Many would have said that he looked beautiful. Glorious without doubt.

But seeing that smoke that came out from him, from his cigarette in his hand, made me cringe.

How could he? How could he slowly kill himself like that?

I made myself to move forward, double checking the location Jungkook told me to go to.

The closer I went, the more clear his face was.

My eyes widened.

"Jungkook!"

The boy whipped his head to me, his face instantly red. "S-Sora."

I walked quickly over to him, and snatched his cigarette from his perched hand.

Dropping it on the pavement, I then stamped it against my shoe, crumbling it into a flat mush of ash and paper.

Jungkook scoffed in disbelief. "Why did you that?"

"Why do you do that?" I pointed to the remains of the cigarette.

He looked away, to the sun descending on the Seoul skyline. "In hopes that my worries would fade into nothing, just like the smoke I blew out."

God. I usually don't get all sappy over this.

But seeing Jungkook look so upset had me feeling just a little bit guilty over my action.

I fished out some strawberry gum from my bag. "Here," I said, handing it to him.

Jungkook cocked his head, ever so slightly, eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"It helps," I explained. Then I shrugged. "Apparently."

His eyes flicked to the gum in his hand, perched between his fingers.

He opened up the packaging, and popped the gum his mouth.

Slowly, his jaw moved, in a steady rhythm of chewing the substance.

The boy raised his head, at eye level with me. "Thank you," he said.

"No problem," I replied, facing forwards. "Right, where to?"

-

I looked upon the restaurant, the neon red lights of its banner flaring in the cloak of darkness that covered the sky.

"Café de les étoiles," I read out. "Five stars."

"It's the best one out here," Jungkook reasoned, as if he needed explaining. "I couldn't find anything better-"

"Jungkook," I called over my shoulder as I pushed the glass doors open. "You don't have to explain yourself. I love it."

Shuddering in relief, the boy caught up with me, and we both went up the to a waiter, standing behind a speech stand with a book atop it.

Jungkook was about to introduce himself when the waiter spoke. "Mr Jeon and Miss Yoon?"

We both nodded. The waiter shut his book. "Right this way."