Twelve

Oh. My. God.

Jungkook's eyes widened. Shock flashed on his face.

I gaped right back. Jeon Jungkook. Crying in his engagement party.

The boy instantly wiped away his tears. "Wh-who are you?" he got out.

I took a step closer. "The bigger question is why you're crying."

Jungkook paled drastically at my question. He covered his face in his hands. "Please, don't ask."

Sora, stop being so nosey! Can't anyone have a good cry without someone else disturbing them?

But...

"I'm not trying to be nosey or anything, but wouldn't one be glowing at their engagement party?"

For pete's sake, you are being nosey.

"I..." Jungkook got up. He clamped his lips together, as if trying to keep his tears in.

"Look buddy, if you don't want to tell me, that's fine. But believe me when I tell you that telling people helps a ton."

Jungkook looked to me. Another tear slipped from his eye.

I suddenly felt incredibly stupid. Why did I say that? Even I don't believe in what I just said.

Jungkook went over to the edge of the bed. He sat himself down, bracing his hands on his head.

A tiny ounce of pity welled up within me. Which was surprising, really, because I usually don't give a shit.

A heavy sigh escaped Jungkook. "Is Camille at the party?"

I furrowed my eyebrows in thought. "Camille?"

"Rey. Camille Rey." Jungkook rubbed at his temples. "I'm sure you know who she is."

Of course I do. Who doesn't? She was a top French model and daughter of Pierre Rey, organiser of VIP fashion events in Paris.

I nodded. The boy's head hung low. "Well, she's to be my wife."

Now it was my turn to be shocked. "What?"

"Everyone knows about it," Jungkook said. "This party was private however."

"But..." I started. "Isn't that every guy's dream? To have the Camille Rey by your side forever?"

"That's the point, woman." Jungkook looked up to me. He gave me a sad smile. "It's not this guy's dream."

I crossed my arms, eyes widening some more. Maybe they'll pop out soon.

"Then...then why are you marrying her?" I cocked my head slightly. "Is it another girl you love?"

"No!" Jungkook exclaimed, alarmed. "No, no, it's nothing like that."

He sighed. "I just don't want to wed her. I'm only twenty four years old. I've got a whole life ahead of me."

"Then why are you marrying her? It's not like you're being forced or-"

That's when I truly saw the expression on Jungkook's face.

Oh.

"Who's making you?!" I demanded, anger seething inside of me. "I bet it's your shady parents!"

"You're not wrong, miss." He stood up, locking his hands behind his back. "They've been wanting this for a long time."

"Can't you just say no? I would have." I pouted my lips in thought. "I don't want other people telling me how I should live my life."