Epilogue

5 years later...

-

"You want to quit modelling?!"

I played with the ends of my hair, gripping my phone tighter over my sister's reaction.

"Yeah..." I cleared my throat, looking down at my silk robe. "...I've thought about this a lot."

"And so you think just leaving it all is a good option?"

"Right now..."

I looked out the window, catching the birds singing out their rhythmic melodies among the swaying trees, the traffic near to none, fortunately for the creatures.

"I don't feel like doing it anymore," I started. "Not because I've suddenly flunked popularity or anything, but because I myself want to take a step back.

"Think about it, Somi. I've got a child now. She needs her parents, especially at this age, when she's full of surprises, catching me or Taehyung off guard with a sudden new word or action.

"And I don't want to miss it, sis. I don't want to miss anything of hers."

Somi's silence indicated her mind, deep in thought. A few minutes later, she replied, "I understand, Sora.

"I mean, I've got two kids of my own, and you've seen yourself how much I fussed over everything they did in the early years."

An old memory sprung into my head, causing me to chuckle. "Ah, I bet poor Chanja's got her entire life on tape."

"But don't worry," my sister assured me. "Whatever you do, I'm always by your side, okay?"

"Well," I mused, lips spreading into a smirk, "I don't see how you could have my back while you're all the way in Hawaii."

I heard a soft sigh through the phone. "I told Namjoon I was fine with a short trip to Busan, but the man wouldn't hear it."

"Lord above, Somi, it's your honeymoon, not a school trip," I drawled.

"I-I know," she attempted to retort, but I bet the woman was blushing like mad.

"Then I shouldn't pester you any further," I declared. "I'll get going now, but do send me a warning if things go out of control."

Her slight disgust got me cackling out, but she bid me a sweet goodbye as she ended the call.

I looked beyond the window, staring after an odd car or person.

Things have changed drastically these past years.

You could say that after the proposal, cloud nine was what I achieved.

I was being rewarded with happiness, so much joy into my life that a little part of me thought that it was all too good to be true.

It wasn't though. Not when I walked down the aisle to see the man of my dreams, staring at me like I was the only one that ever mattered in the history of the universe.