20 | king

20 | KING

"I think it's time I introduced you to Ezekiel, King Ezekiel

"I think it's time I introduced you to Ezekiel, King Ezekiel." Jesus proposed after he had told the Alexandrians it was best not to go back home just yet. Roxanne furrowed her brows, a bit worried to be meeting even more new people that could possibly threaten her hopes to finally settle with Kali... and possibly even Rick, Carl and Judith.

"King?" Rick's voice rumbled in his usual Georgian way. Jesus nodded, assuringly.

* * *

The SUV the group was in halted to a stop in front of a few short buildings. The place was overgrown, and mostly hidden. No one would've known an entire town of people lived there. It very much contrasted Alexandria. Alexandria seemed to scream come kill us all with its tall walls and large gate. "It's called the Kingdom?" Skeptically, Rick asked Jesus.

"Yeah. I didn't name it." Jesus spoke nonchalantly. He had seen so many people and so many communities since the outbreak, that nothing seemed to surprise him anymore... not even self proclaimed "Kings".

Rox, as she continued to analyze the quiet surroundings, finally creeped out of the car. "How much farther?" Rick inquired, unknowing that they had already arrived. Though, he was not at fault for being unaware of the presence of the community. The lack of living, and even dead for that matter, blended the area with the rest of the vast, abandoned world.

"Well, technically, we're already here. I mean, we're always here, but here we are— at the Kingdom," Jesus looked around at his isolated surroundings, "well, its outer edge." He gesture around him.

Suddenly, Daryl popped his head out of the car. "Hey, what the hell we waitin' on?" He grunted in his usual manner.

Jesus pointed past Roxanne's head. "Waiting for them." He stated. Everyone twisted their heads round to face the direction Jesus (our lord and savior) was pointing. A faint clacking of hooves on the pavement could barely be heard and a figure of two men on horses quickly approached them.

"Who dares to trespass on the sovereign land of the— oh, shit." One of the men began speaking in a medieval accent, then broke character as his eyes focused on the new faces.

"Jesus, is that you?" The other man on the horse questioned.

Jesus simply smiled and lifted a hand as a greeting. "Who are all these people Paul?" The man continued to ask Jesus.

"Hi, Richard. Nice to see you." Jesus greeted the redheaded man on the horse.

"It's good to see you too. Your friends, who are they?" Richard, the redhead, nodded at Jesus.

"This is Rick Grimes, he's the leader of a like-minded community. These are some of his people." Jesus introduced.

Roxanne stood, militant in a way her ex husband had taught her before the apocalypse, and eyed the men before her. She was slowly reverting to her old self, before Kali was born: selfish, cold, angry, and sneaky. She was soon to fully revert to her cold hearted ways— but I am spoiling far too much now.