10 | kidnapped

10 | KIDNAPPED

Roxanne spent the day sleeping and tending to Kali or Judith

Roxanne spent the day sleeping and tending to Kali or Judith. It was now dark out and the night sky was black and starry. Roxanne's sleepiness had overcame her once again for the day and she was about to fall asleep on the couch when Rick entered the house. She could barely keep her eyes open when Rick made his way over to her.

"Hey." He greeted and smiled at her shyly. This was the first time he saw her that day, and he couldn't help but to feel like he had been missing her for so long.

"How was your run?" Rox whispered, attempting to remain awake.

Rick chuckled and grabbed a blanket to place over her. "We ran into some trouble, but we took care of it." Rick placed a quick kiss on her forehead.

Roxanne shrugged off the blanket. "You must be hungry—" she began to get up to go make something for him to eat after a long day outside of the walls.

Rick stopped her from getting up and shook his head. "I'm fine, lay down. Where are the girls?" He asked as Rox situated herself under the blanket once again.

"Asleep." Rox blatantly replied. Rick smiled and played with Rox's hair, for her knew that she loved it when people caressed her hair, until she fell asleep.

* * *

Rox's deep sleep was disturbed when she heard a faint "Rick" being called out multiple times. Somehow, she noticed that she had been moved to she and Rick's bed overnight. When she realized that someone was truly in her room, she shot up from the bed and pulled out the gun she hid under her pillow. Rick simultaneously pulled out his gun and pointed it in the direction of the man who had been calling out his name.

The man held his hands up as if he was surrendering, then stated: "We should talk."

* * *

Rick disallowed Roxanne to go after this Jesus guy after they encountered him in their bedroom. Although she wanted to be there to know everything that this man wanted, Roxanne busied herself by going to the babies' room and cared for them. She attempted to listen in on the conversations Rick's original group were having with Jesus, but she was unable to decipher what they were saying.

Roxanne gave up on trying to eavesdrop and returned to tending for the babies; changing and bathing the two of them in a quick twenty minutes. As she was dressing the girls in their floral outfits, heavy footsteps could be heard nearing the nursery. Almost instantly following the heavy footsteps, the door swung open to reveal Rick.

Rick's eyes were wide and in shock. "What happened?" Roxanne asked behind her as she finished dressing the babies.

"There's more."
"More what?"
"Communities."

When Roxanne finally processed what he had just said, her mouth dropped open.

* * *

Roxanne stood outside, watching Rick carry both Kali and Judith in both of his arms as he spoke, tenderly, to them. Roxanne's heart warmed, but she quickly stopped watching the scene when she realized she had to go.

Rick was leaving with Jesus to go to his community while Roxanne had to go on a quick run for baby supplies. Rox grabbed up her duffel bag and headed towards the car she had been assigned to. She threw into her supplies and hopped into the car, waving Rick and the children a brief goodbye before she started up the car and rolled out of Alexandria.

It pained her heart to leave Kali alone with another person while she was so far. But she trusted Rick, and she trusted Carl to take care of them while she was gone, so her pain was eased. She watched carefully as the gate to Alexandria had been sealed up tight as she drove farther and farther away from the small town.

* * *

Unfortunately, by nightfall, Roxanne hadn't found any baby supplies and decided to sleep in her car until the next morning so that she could continue to search for the supplies.

As Rox was settling in the backseat to sleep, a sudden banging on her window caused her to jump up. Her eyes locked with the thing's eyes. She sighed out in relief when she realized that is was only another walker that had caught sight of her.

Rox stared at the monster for a long minute before she fiddled with the door to get out. Just as she cracked the door open, the zombie's head exploded into many bits and pieces. Roxanne ducked at the sudden outburst, then after a moment of silence, she opened her eyes to peer at the situation.

She gasped when her pair of eyes met another pair. He had his gun neatly raised just as it had been when he first shot the walker, but this time it was pointed at Roxanne. "Come with me." He blatantly stated, licking his dry lips.

Roxanne desperately reached for the gun tucked in the back of her jeans, but before she could whip it out— the man shot at her feet causing her to jump. "Drop all of your fucking weapons too, bitch!" He cursed like a sailor, and had a crazed look spread across his face.

Rox clenched her jaw, fighting back her fearful tears that wanted to prick her eyes. She knew something terrible was going to happen to her. She knew this man only wanted to do bad things her her and her heart began to race sporadically. Her brain was on high alert as adrenaline rushed through her body. She was tense and her breath hitched nervously with every stride the man took to near her.

"I. Said. Drop. Your. Weapons." He said slowly as he continued to walk up to her. Roxanne nodded slowly and cautiously threw down her one gun and knife she had on her. Once he reached her, he pressed the barrel of his gun to her head and snatched up her weapons she had disposed onto the ground.

He grabbed her by the collar, his filthy hands tracing her chest, and yanked her along— going to a place Roxanne was completely unaware of.