16 | didn't know

16 | DIDN'T KNOW

The faint sound of clicking slowly awakened Roxanne

The faint sound of clicking slowly awakened Roxanne. She groaned as she stretched herself out on the stiff ground she had been carefully laid on. As she opened her eyes, her vision focused on one figure lingering above her-- Negan. Roxanne grunted in distaste at the man, then quieted herself as all the memories from the night before flooded into her brain. Rage and sadness consumed her other emotions as she realized what she had done. She had killed a man, possibly even two men, last night-- and she regretted not doing everything in her power to stop it.

"Everybody must hate you now." Negan, whom was still standing over her, spoke. Roxanne sighed deeply. She hated that he was right. No one from Alexandria could ever trust her again. Not for the fact that she seemed to be on Negan's side or because she had actually, faintly, decided on a person to kill off-- but for the mere reason that she knew danger lingered nearby and she never had the consideration to tell them of such thing. Despite being captured and taken away from the group for so long, she still would have never told the group where she came from and what enemies she attracted.

Negan's crisp, white teeth gleaned in the dimness of the room she was laying in. "Where am I?" Roxanne inquired.

"Your new bedroom for the next week... or at least until I can figure out a more comfortable accommodation that you can't escape from." Negan informed, his devilish smile diminishing.

Roxanne glanced around the room she would be trapped in for the next week. The only light source she had came from the cracks on the sides of the door. The room was entirely concrete; the dull, grayish color of the cement had already wore out into a dirty brown. The extremely tiny room was bare, with no flooring nor furniture; the only comfort it accommodated for was the hard ground, that already had stiffened her back.

As Roxanne continued to analyze every crevice of the room, Negan watched her carefully. He imagined what his child would look like. If he or she looked like him or her. Never would he have ever thought of having a child after losing Lucille, his dead wife. Never would he have thought he would have it with the woman that was just passing through his camp to leech off of supplies and survive.

"How old is he?" He abruptly disturbed the silence to ask Rox.

Rox shot her head at Negan. "Huh?" She cocked her head in confusion. 

"Our kid." Negan elaborated.

Rox gulped. She wasn't expecting such a terrible man to ask such a thing... though, he wasn't so terrible when she first met him. "It's a girl; Kali," Rox then shrugged,"I don't know how old she is... maybe 12 months?" Rox guessed.

Negan looked down at his feet, sadly. "Is she walking?" He asked.

"She tries to, I can't find walkers to help her strengthen her legs." Rox ran a tired hand through her head.

Negan spun on his heel and reached for the door; just as she was going to open it and leave, he stopped. "I didn't know, Rox." He mentioned before rushing out the room, to avoid hearing anything that would make him feel ashamed from Roxanne.