Chapter 50

"What is that supposed to even mean? Demigods?" Tyler shouted, trying not to sound hysterical.

"Look –"

"Get down!" Nico snarled, a wall of darkness rising up to block a barrage of aerial attacks from the chitauri. Those on the aircrafts who were unable to slow down in time hit the wall and shrieked as their life force was sucked away, leaving only empty husks behind.

Common sense overruled hysteria as Tyler dragged the two teens behind a building, away from being sitting ducks out there. He then turned to them and hissed, "Explain yourselves. Now." His eyes boring into theirs.

Thalia scowled, "You want the short story or the long story?"

Tyler sighed, massaging his temple, "Give me the short story now, and the long story later."

"You wouldn't believe us then..." she muttered, nocking an arrow and letting it fly, hitting a chitauri that was too close to the building.

"Whether I believe you or not is one thing, but I need an explanation now!"

She exchanged another glance with Nico, before turning back to the SHIELD agent, "Okay, short story it is then. You know Greek mythology?"

Tyler shook his head, "Heard of it, never read it. Why?"

"Because," the darker male said, "It's all true. We don't have time for explanations, but long story short, the gods are alive, and we're their children. Half god, half mortal, hence – demigod."

Tyler stared disbelievingly at them, "You're telling me that you're some kind of alien?"

Thalia sighed, "I told you, you wouldn't believe us. We're not aliens, we're natives to Earth, considering the gods are here, on earth and not out there in space. We have powers –"

"Some of us do," Nico interrupted, before Thalia elbowed him in the side, and continued her story.

"Supernatural powers if you will, and which is why we're helping you guys in this battle. On top of the fact that we live here and we don't want the chitauri to overrun this place.'

Nico pointed upwards, "Look, tell me whether or not the Empire State Building has weapons mounted on its roof."

Tyler shook his head, "Are you crazy? Everyone knows that only offices are found in the building!"

Nico's lips curled into a smirk, "Yeah? Then explain to me what is going on there?"

Tyler turned and looked at the Empire State Building, his eyes widening as he saw a ball of fire come out from the building and slam into a group of chitauri, burning them all to a crisp. "What...?" he whispered, looking closer, "Oh my god. Is that a floating island?"

Thalia and Nico exchanged shocked looks behind him, the huntress saying, "Look, if you can see that island, do you believe us now?"

Tyler turned back to them, narrowing his eyes, "Will this affect my men?"

Nico blinked, "What?"

"Will this affect my men? Knowing who you are, what you are, will they be in danger?" Tyler repeated.

Nico shook his head, "You don't have to tell them what we are exactly, just say we're mutants or something."

Thalia cocked her head and raised an eyebrow, "You don't care that we're demigods?"

Tyler scowled, "I haven't wrapped my head around it yet. Now, tell me what you both can do so that I can plan..."

The Asgardians started cheering when the number of chitauri dwindled noticeably, the gargantuan space whales no match against lightning and repulsor rays. The morale of the warriors soon began to lift, and they fought even harder, determined not to let the creatures of the Void win.