Chapter 43

For the first time in a long while, Loki awoke slowly, his eyes closed as he listened and breathed in the fresh air in the room. He opened his eyes slowly, savoring the feeling of being able to wake up at his own leisure, without any ghosts plaguing him physically or mentally. The god blinked sluggishly, his body registering a warm presence on the right side of his body. He glanced down to see a mop of unruly black hair on his chest, a tan arm slung over his waist, his leg entangled with the other's. He grinned lightly and tightened his grip on the boy, his own arm under said boy's body. After last night's unplanned talk with his brother, they had both reclined on the roof for a long while, before Thor had suggested that they should return back to their rooms to get ready for the next day. Loki had agreed and slipped into bed on the other side of Percy, but somehow, through the night, the other boy had managed to mimic an octopus and curled around him.

Loki smiled slightly at the thought of Percy snuggling up to him, the two of them just lying in bed and enjoying their mornings. It seemed pretty domestic, and Loki was surprised at how much the thought pleased him. He had always viewed himself as a solitary person, doing what he wanted where he wanted. Never in a million years did he think that he would find someone who could keep up with him and understand him so thoroughly.

"Stop thinking so hard Lokes... It's too early for that." A sleep-filled voice grumbled.

Loki raised an eyebrow at the nickname, "How would you know whether I'm thinking or not?" He asked amusedly.

Percy lifted his head up and glared at the god, "I can practically hear your thoughts." He grumbled, "Now stop thinking so hard, I want to go back to sleep."

Loki grinned as Percy plonked his head back on his chest, intent on squeezing in more sleep. The god let his little lover rest there for several seconds before he sat up abruptly, causing Percy to squawk as he flailed and fell off the bed, dragging half the sheets down along with him. Loki chuckled, smirking at Percy who scowled at him as he clambered back up.

The demigod punched the god in the arm, glaring fiercely, "What was that for?" He cried out indignantly.

Loki just kept his smirk on, standing up in a fluid motion and moving over to the side door of his room, "You should get up, we have to be in the throne room this morning."

Percy sighed and flopped back onto the bed, "Why?"

Loki looked up from where he washed his face in the basin near the side door leading to the bathroom, his lips turned down slightly, "The Allfather is going to announce our presence. We cannot just run around on Asgard without telling anybody after all."

Percy blinked and sat up again, making Loki wonder how the boy wasn't dizzy with all the vertical-horizontal movement he had made. "Wait, announce us? Then what is he going to announce you as?" Percy asked worriedly.

Loki sighed, placing both hands on either side of the basin's rim, staring into his own face reflecting back at him in the water. "I do not know." He said softly.

He heard a rustle, then felt two arms encircle his waist, a body pressed into his back. "I won't let him say anything that'll hurt you or make your stay on Asgard unpleasant." Percy said, his voice slightly muffled by the fact that his face was pressed into the god's back.

Loki sighed and gripped the hands that were at his waist, turning around and pulling the demigod close to him, breathing in his smell, "Me being on Asgard alone will be enough cause for a riot."

Percy looked up at him, determination shining in his oceanic eyes, "I won't let that happen. Anyone who wants a piece of you will have to go through me. Besides, I don't think Thor will allow that to happen either."