Chapter 21 : Crazy

"And, well kids, that's the end" I tell them. They look at me, wide eyed. I roll my eyes. They've been reading WAY to many romance novels.

"What? It can't end like that! You have to get married to Ariel and live happily ever after" Ginny says. She's literally on the verge of tears. Yup, definitely to many romance novels.

"Ginny, do you see any loving, caring Ariel around here?" I asked. She pouts and looks down, as does Hermione. "No. That's because we live in this thing called reality."

"Well, why did you tell us that story if it had a sad ending?" Ron asked. I rolled my eyes. He was almost as much of a girl as Ginny and Hermione. I swear, there are tears in his eyes.

"Because the story's not over yet. I'm not dead yet so I might always meet someone else that doesn't believe I am an insane criminal out to kill my god son. Luckily enough she didn't either. If I had just turned around that day" I mutter, almost to myself. I shake my head at the thought. This can NOT be happening. Why was I such an idiot?

"What do you mean?" Fred asked. Hell, even he was getting all emotional. They're all a bunch of pansies I tell you.

I'm proud to say I haven't heard my godson sniffle or moan about the ending once.

I look around the room to realise Harry is not actually in the room. At that moment Harry chooses to walk in, toilet paper in hand, wiping away at a few stray tears.

Pansies! Every last one of them!

I look at the time to realise it was bedtime. Sorry, I meant to say four hours past their bedtime. Molly's going to kill me! Oh well, might as well show them one last thing.

I left them for a few minutes, to go and retrieve the letter from my room. It was all on quite a few pieces of parchment, making it quite a long letter.

I went back into the room, to see them all exchanging confused glances. They quickly look back up at me with the same confusion.

I set the parchment down in front of them, as they all furrow their eyebrows. As one of them try to read it, I snatch it away. I am the story teller. Not them.

I folded it out in front of me and began to explain what the heck this parchment is.

"When I escaped from azkaban, I didn't come near this house. But when I discovered that Dumbledore needed a place for the headquarters, I offered this place. When I first came back here, I found this note lying on my bed" I told them. They nodded. Then I began to read ur out.

"Dear Sirius,

I know you will never receive this letter but I'm writing it for my sanity. I tried to stop them from sending you to azkaban, I really did.

Lily and James had told me about you and Peter. That night at Godric's Hollow, I tried to comfort you. But you ran. That's when I guessed you didn't know I knew.

Remus was furious at you. I couldn't talk to him about it. So I kept it in my head.

Until that night, I seen you in the muggle streets with Peter.

I tried shouting to the aurors that you weren't guilty but they thought I was just trying to defend you.

So I tried to talk to Benny.

He started worrying about me. He thought I was crazy. Now everyone believes that you tortured me into insanity.

To everyone, I am one thing; crazy.

And the worrying part is: I think its true. I think I'm crazy. I can't tell dreams from reality anymore.

This is what is going on in my head: I was friends with you for years. You kissed me after a year of me having a crush on you. I ran out of the room because you said you were a player and would never change. Jordan got together with Regulus. Jordan died because of Remus. The day after the funeral, you asked me out. I said yes just for you to later slap and for me to run out. Then I didn't talk to you for years. I lost my ability to turn into a phoenix. James and Lily died. You and Peter switched places and he betrayed James and Lily. You tried to kill Peter but ended up in azkaban for it.

But everyone's else's minds seem to think this: We were friends. Jordan was single all of her Hogwarts life. Jordan died anomalously. You slapped me a but after I slapped you after you had asked me out then Eddie came up. I was never an animagus. I didn't talk to you anymore. James and Lily died. You had betrayed them. You were sent to azkaban for killing Peter and 12 muggles.

Am I insane? Did you betray them? Is Jordan real? Is James real? Is Lily real? Is Remus real? Is Peter real? If you are, are we really all animagus? Did I lose the ability? Am I making any sense?

I'm writing this for my sanity because I'm going to read it to myself and see if it sounds crazy. If it sounds crazy, then I probably am. If it doesn't, then I'm probably not.

And the truth is, Sirius, as I'm reading this letter over, it sounds crazy.

There's only two things I'm pretty sure of. One is that you are real. Two is that I love you.

                                       yours truly,

                                               Ariel"

I stopped reading and looked up at the shocked faces of the kids. They were open mouthed and wide eyed. They couldn't believe it.

"So she turned out to be a nutter?" George asked. I rolled my eyes. Well he doesn't beat around the bush, does he?

"No. She just started believing what others said to her and that what she had thought had happened had all been her imagination" I tell them. Hermione and Ginny sniff and frown. Its obviously not the ending they expected.

"What happened to her?" Harry asked. I look at him. Finally someone asks the sensible question.

"As she says, Benny thought she was insane. Poor lad was only seventeen and his older sister thought a man that killed thirteen people was innocent. Eventually, even she agreed to be booked into St. Mungo's. Remus told me this" I tell them. They look up at me, confused.

"But why wasn't she in the same room as dad was?" Fred asked. I looked at him.

"Because she was in a private room" I tell him. This makes them even more confused. I can tell by their furrowed eyebrows.

"Why was she in a private room?" Hermione asked. I sigh, knowing I fully have to explain now.

"Because of me. She used to be in that room but according to Remus, the minute I escaped, they thought it would be safer to put her in a private room with her own personal nurse to look after her 24/7. Remus says she would have gotten out way earlier but every time they ask her she claims I'm innocent" I explain. They nod, the confused looks now leaving their faces.

Suddenly, the door fly's open to show none other than Remus Lupin.

"Shouldn't you all be in bed?" he asked the kids, crossly. I roll my eyes. Always ruining fun with responsibility.

"Sirius was telling us a story" Ginny tells him as I hide the parchment behind my back. Remus looks at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"What story?" he asks. I gulp, hoping they remember my warning. They better or they'll be the ones gulping.

"The one with Ariel and Jordan and you killed Jordan!" Ron shouts quickly. I glare at him as Remus looks ready to explode.

"Why did you tell them about that?" he seethed. I smile innocently. It didn't work. Remus lunged at me.

He really doesn't like people telling that story.

Fred and George hold him back, just as he is about centimetres away from my face. He growls. Good thing he's not a werewolf.

Oh, wait, never mind.

"Not right now, furry boy, George and I have a plan" Fred smirks evilly. This can not be good.

*

Third update in a day!! Have you ever read a book with this many updates in a day??? Well now you have. This is dedicated to Ellapotter01. Just telling you, there's only two more chapters left because its a short book and all. Thanks for reading!!!

Vote. Comment. Share. Fan.