Chapter 13 : Who he is

I walked into the great hall for breakfast. It was as noisy as ever and full up.

I took a seat next to Remus at the Gryffindor table. Ariel, Jordan and Peter were already down but James was nowhere in sight. Weird.

As I filled my glass with pumpkin juice, the great hall doors swung open and James flew in, skipping and jumping about.

"She said yes!" he screamed, fist-bumping the air. He started singing this repeatedly over and over again.

Then he started doing his happy dance, which sadly contained of the chicken dance.

"She said yes, she said yes, she said yes, she said yes, SHE SAID YES!" he screamed again. He was on top of the Gryffindor table and everyone was staring at him and laughing.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him back down onto the table. I waved my arm in a shooing motion to all the witnesses of this tragic accident.

"Who said yes to what?" I asked. He was bouncing like a bunny on steroids on his chair.

"Lily said yes to going out with me!" he exclaimed. All five of us started cheering. If you don't understand why we're doing this, its because James has been asking Lily out for AGES.

"Congratulations, Prongs. That deserves a butterbeer" I say, giving him a clap on the back.

*

"I turned the corner of the hall I was walking down. I have been looking everywhere for Jordan

Ariel, James, Remus and Peter were looking other parts of the castle. She hadn't came to the Maurders meeting and we were all growing worried.

The Maurders meeting had consisted of us planning pranks and telling everyone else what time to be there for Moony's time of the month.

That joke never gets old.

Never in her life has Jordan EVER missed a Maurders meeting and its not like her absence went unknown.

I had been told to check the astronomy tower but I know for a fact she's in the dungeons. This has something to do with my brother, I know it. She had said she would be seeing him before the meeting and everything.

I turned the corner and heard a few muffled sobs. I knew it!

For all you know, that could be Voldemort.

Don't copy me!

Don't copy me!

Real mature!

Real mature!

For once, I will end this conversation.

Grr...

Grr...

I stopped thinking and went towards the sound. I kept following it until I entered a little cupboard. I looked into the corner and indeed, Jordan was in there.

I sat down beside her curled up figure and put my arms around her. It was difficult because she had her arms wrapped around her legs and her head on her legs, she hasn't even noticed I had entered.

As soon as I put my arm around her, she looked up. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying and her lip was trembling.

"What's wrong Cub?" I asked. She shook her head. "It has to be something."

"R-R-Regulus" she sobbed. I shook my head. I knew it was him. Whatever he has done he will pay for it. He just hurt my little sister (not really obviously) and he will pay for it.

"What did he do?" I asked. She wiped some more tears away with the back of her hands and looked at me with wide eyes, filled to the brim with tears.

"He-he-he's a-a D-D-D-Death Eater" she sobbed. I looked at her in surprise. None of the rest of my family are Death Eaters. Though I always knew one would become one.

"Why's he a Death Eater" I asked. Regulus never seemed like the type of person who would do something without HIS mum or dad telling him to.

"It-it was h-his mum's l-last w-w-wish" she said. My eyebrows shot up. His mum was dead? I thought I would have heard. Ah well. Not any of my concern.

"Why are YOU crying. He's the one who's the Death Eater. He's not trying to drag you in is he?" I asked, with anger clear in my voice. If he forces her to become a Death Eater I will chop his balls off and force him to eat them.

"No, it's not anything like that. Its just... when he t-told me... I-I-I kind of felt scared of him" she admitted. I would be scared. Of course I wouldn't tell the little crying girl this but it was true. I would not only be scared, I would be terrified.

"Are you still scared of him?" I asked her. She nodded and I gulped. Advice, advice, come to me.

"I think you need to tell him this" I told her. She looked up at me with wide eyes. She shook her head furiously. "Why not?"

"W-What if h-he hurts me?" she asks, voice trembling. I shook my head. My brother was many things but he was not abusive to those who he loves. And I'm pretty sure he loves her or else wouldn't have risked being killed by the Dark Lord for being seen with, as he would call her, a 'mudblood'.

"He wouldn't do that, Cub" I tell her. She nods slowly. "But you have to understand that he can't change this and probably won't try. That's just who he is."

She nods again, sighing. I get up and look out the door. Its almost eleven. "Come on, we better get going to the common room. I promised James a butterbeer."

As I looked down at her, I seen she had her eyes closed in a deep slumber. I picked up her small figure and opened the door. I used my wand to send the signal to the other four, telling them I have found her.

I carry her back up to Gryffindor common room, with a now wet T-shirt and a need for that butterbeer.

*

Okay so another update!! Just letting you know I am in Slytherin and Fred Weasley is MINE. No one else's. MINE. I have something big coning up and some of you might hate me afterwards. This is dedicated to zebrazoe24x. So, thanks for reading!!!

Vote. Comment. Share. Fan.