Chapter 17 : Nothing to say

"I woke up the next morning with my arm around Ariel. She lay silently next to me with light breaths telling me she was still asleep.

It's almost Christmas but it doesn't feel like it. I'm usually happy when I get to spend Christmas at Hogwarts.

Right now I can only feel sad. I hear sniffling from across the room. Then I hear someone else sniffling. I look across the room to see James and Remus are up, crying to themselves.

Eddie's not in the room at the moment. Peter is still asleep. I look down at Ariel's small figure and smile. She's beautiful.

And that's when I realise something.

I love her.

I love Ariel.

I love Ariel Phoenix Belle.

The thought brings a smile to my face. She likes me. I can ask her to go to Hogsmeade with me. I can make her fall in love with me as well.

Something good finally happens. I smile a full-toothed smile. Ariel stirs in my arms, making the bed squeak. Remus and James quickly look over at us.

I regret not closing the curtains around my bed now. They raise their eyebrows playfully and I shake my head. I motioned to myself, then did a heart with my middle finger and thumb on both hands and motioned to Ariel.

They roll their eyes and use their index fingers to motion to their imaginary watches.

About time, they mouth. I roll my eyes. Can they be any bigger idiots?

I agree with them.

So you're back?

I seen how much you missed me so I thought I would give you another chance. Don't screw it up.

If anyone's going to screw up their chance to talk to themselves , it will most likely be you.

A little full of ourselves, are we?

I've always been full of myself. Where have you been? Planet dumb ass?

That's my brain! Finally learning to be smart aren't you. Congratulations!

Oh, shut up! You have lost the privilege to talk to me again.

Pfft. Like I care. See ya later, idiot.

Ass.

Poo head.

Fart face.