Chapter 4 : Detention

"I looked at everyone else in the office. McGonagall's office. We had been sent here for us to discuss what our 'punishments' are for the prank.

"I am very disappointed in you six!" she scolded us. Ariel just yawned, Jordan sat back in her seat, James sniggered at the thought of the prank, Peter sniggered along with James and I put my feet up on the desk. Remus was the only one who appeared to feel bad about it. We knew he had no regrets but he's a suck up.

"We're never going to change so stop lecturing us, Minnie" I said. She shot me a dirty look and I put my hands up in surrender.

"Now to discuss your punishments. Mr. Potter and Mr. Lupin you will be cleaning the cauldrons in the dungeons without magic. Mr. Pettigrew I want you to help young Professor Flitwick sort through his files for the fifth year's O.W.L's arrangement. Miss Swan I want you to help Mr. Fernard clean some pus of the walls of the greenhouses. Lastly Mr. Black and Miss Belle I want you two to go into the forbidden forest with Hagrid to help him with something" she finished. We all looked at her in shock. Just for a little prank?"

"Wait a minute. Hagrid was gamekeeper back then as well?" Ron asked.

"He's been working there since before I came to Hogwarts. You act like I was alive when the chamber of secrets was opened the first time" I reminded him. "Now NO interruptions."

"Now you may think this is unfair but you do not know the injuries your prank caused. Mr. Regulus Black now has a swollen eye from the juice going into it, Mr. Severus Snape has a black eyes because of someone throwing their cup away when it exploded and Miss Bellatrix Black has suffered memory loss from someone aiming random spells to make the water stop and them hitting her instead. Not to mention Miss Narcissa Black, Mr. Lucius Malfoy and Miss Olivia Zambini whom also suffered injuries" she scolded once again. I grinned along with James, Ariel, Jordan and Peter. Remus was still guilty looking.

"Maybe those injuries were planned" James said slyly. Minnie's eyes widened.

"If those were on purpose then I will add.." I nudged Jordan, winking at her. She nodded and started her little act.

"Miss, I'm s-so so so so s-s-sorry" she started fake crying but tears came out. She looked up at Minnie with wide eyes and her bottom lip trembling. "It will n-never happen a-again. I p-p-promise. I'm s-s-s..."

She stopped talking and buried her face in Remus' jumper and he comforted her, knowing that it was fake.

"Well.. um... you are all dismissed" Minnie said, shooing us all away. We left the room and started laughing.

"Great acting skills Cub" I said, patting her on the back.

"I'm s-s-sorry" James mocked, wiping his eyes. Ariel hit him over the head and we laughed some more. Ariel was finally speaking to me again. The prank (and my charm) obviously let her warm up to me again. You know, best friends forever, right? 

"We still have one detention though" Ariel frowned.

"Damn it" I mumbled. My plan was not as successful as I had thought.

*

I walked down the hill leading to Hagrid's hut with Ariel beside me.

Her red hair swished by her side as she skipped down happily.

This is detention, why is she so happy.

Do you really care, Sirius?

Of course I care! How could you assume such a thing, Sirius?

Oh I don't know, maybe because its true?

By the tone of your voice I can tell your serious.

Who else would I be?

I laughed and Ariel looked at me strangely. See, I told you, my mind is stupid.

"What are you laughing about?" she asked. I just shook my head and laughed some more.

"My mind said I was Sirius and I said, who else would I be" I laughed and she laughed too.

"Phew, I thought I was the only one with a mind that has conversations with myself" she said. We were practically on the ground laughing as we arrived at Hagrid's hut.

I knocked on the door to hear the barks of Fang, Hagrid's lovely dog that is Padfoot's best friend. I ruffled his fur and he barked happily.

"Okay so terday we will be goin' inter the forbidden forest" Hagrid told us. We nodded. "I need you'se two ter help me find some berries for the Care of Magical creatures Professor to use with der animals."

We lit our wands and entered the forest with him.

"Sirius, ye take Fang. Ariel, ye come wit' me" Hagrid told us. We nodded and Ariel followed Hagrid as I followed Fang.

At the end of the hour I met up with Hagrid in the middle of the forest with an arm full of weird berries.

"Okay, ye two can go n-" he was cut off by the rustle of a bush. Then more and more. "Ye two get away from 'ere right now. I'll be fine, just go."

I grabbed Ariel's arm and dragged her through the forest. About ten minutes through it I realised I had no clue where we were going.

"Sirius, I'm scared. Its dark and I have no clue where we're going. I have a feeling you don't either" Ariel said, her voice shaking. I hugged her and took out my wand.

"Ariel, your smart. We should go north to get out of here. What's that spell that tells you the direction to go in?" I asked. She told me the spell and we were out of the forest in no time.

As we walked up to the castle, we joined Jordan, who was coming back from the green houses.

We all walked lazily up to the Gryffindor common rooms. The minute the portrait hole swung open we flopped onto the armchairs. No one else was in there except Remus, Peter and James.

"Tough detention?" James asked us. I looked up at him groggily.

"You have no idea" I said before I drifted off into a deep sleep.

***

Okay, there is an update my lovely readers. Thanks for reading!!!

Vote. Comment. Share. Fan.