Chapter 16 : The funeral

"I walked up to the coffin and lay the flower beside her. Her eyes were closed and her face had light make up on it.

I looked at the flower that I had lay down in her arm. It was an iris. It wasn't just her middle name, it was also her favourite flower.

I put an arm around Ariel as she started to cry for the loss of her best friend. I can tell she feels bad as well. She was looking for both of us. All I can do for now is keep an eye on her.

Remus feels the most guilty. He looks down at her and cries. After the accident, he told Jasmine what he is and what he did. She's ignoring him now. It just makes him feel worse.

James chokes and looks at Lily. He can't even look at Jordan's body. Its to much for him. She was like his sister. Literally. His family would have adopted her sister not been her guardian.

Peter has a glum look on his face. No tears. Which is surprising for Peter. He's usually the only one that cries.

I feel the hot salty tears leak down my face as I look at her neck. You can see the bone, no matter how much they tried to cover it. They almost made it a closed coffin funeral but we stopped them. We wanted to see her one last time.

I look across the big room and spot Jordan's sister, Elaine. Derek Parkinson didn't bother to come. Elaine has her face in her hands. I can't blame her. Jordan was her last family member. Now she has no one except her Death Eater boyfriend.

Lily hugs James as they close the coffin up. We're going to walk down to the graveyard. James, Remus, Peter and I catch each corner of coffin and lift it.

Ariel and Lily walk beside us, sniffling every so often. I can't help but want to wrap my arms around Ariel again. But I can't. I have to keep walking and carry the coffin.

We reach the graveyard and we set the coffin down. We put it next to the big hole. The one it will go in soon. I look at Ariel as she whimpers.

I walk back to her and out my arm around her. I squeeze her shoulder and smile weakly down at her.

The man at the front says his piece and its Ariel's turn to go up. Years ago we asked everyone what we would like our funerals to be like. She said that she would hate for Elaine to say a speech, that she would like Ariel to.

"Jordan has been my best friend since we were five. We grew up in the same muggle village and once I seen she knee what magic was, I started to tell her what my father had told me about Hogwarts. We had both decided to be in Gryffindor together. Then in first year, we met back up on the train. We met Sirius, Peter, James and Remus. We were the pranksters of Hogwarts. She was my best friend forever. I have one thing I wish I could have said to her and that's that I'm sorry. Everything I said was out of anger and I shouldn't have been a stupid idiot and said those lies. We'll miss you, Cub" she sniffed as she finished. A tear fell even though Ariel had said the speech wasn't sad. She hadn't wanted to make everyone cry on purpose.

I looked around the graveyard. Regulus wasn't here. I hated him before but I hate him even more now. He should have come, Jordan would be crying now.

They put the coffin in the hole and we threw even more iris's in. Usually you throw in roses but they let us use iris's. The men started to fill the hole back up and the funeral ended.

I walked to my broomstick and let Ariel on the back. We left the graveyard that was right next to the meadow. The same graveyard her parents had been buried in.

I flew through the sky that was growing darker by the minute. Jordan had wanted to be buried at exactly 7:28 p.m, the time she was born. She felt that if she couldn't die at the same then she might as well be buried at that time.

James flew beside me with Lily on the back and Remus and Peter on another. Benny had gone home with Dumbeldore. We could have gone back with him to but we wanted to clear our heads. We were thinking to much.

My problem was the opposite. That little voice in the back of my head that insults me had finally shut up. It's like it was Jordan talking to me the whole time. I kind of miss him. No one tells me when I do something stupid. They just ignore me.

We arrive back at the castle. We land beside Hagrid's cabin and walk to the front doors of the castle. We walked down the corridors, our footsteps the only sound. We weren't talking. We couldn't. If we did, the only thing that came to mind would be Jordan. And we don't want to talk about that.

I go into the common room and up the stairs to my room. Ariel heads to the opposite stair case while Peter, Remus and James follow me.

I crawl under the covers of my four-poster bed. When I close my eyes, all I can see is Jordan. Her laughing, her crying and her scowling.

I open my eyes quickly when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see a figure. Ariel.

"I can't sleep" she says quietly. I smile weakly up at her. Same thing here, Ariel. Same thing here.

"Get in" I say lifting the covers up. There's not much room but she manages to fit in. I wrap my arms around her as I squeeze my eyes shut.

*

I'm trying to do a lot of updates today so this is the second one today. I'm on the beach at the moment. Which is the main reason I'm writing a lot. I'm VERY antisocial when I don't know anyone. Thanks for reading!!!

Vote. Comment. Share. Fan.