9

Mason P.O.V.

I really feel bad for Ace. As a kid all we ever talked about was being captain of our High School basketball team. Starting every game too.

But her wish came to a sudden end.

I remember that Ace used to take anger management classes but she told me she only went 1 and never went there again so I'm guessing she still has anger problems.

Once when we were younger she was mad and I tried to go over there and comfort her and she turned around and socked me in the mouth.

I had a busted lip, so I know not to bother her.

I slowly drift away in a deep sleep, my mind smothered with random thoughts.

🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀

Game Time

🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀

Ace P.O.V.

As I walk into the building, I had to place my game face on because I didn't want there Chattanooga people to think I was some girl who cant ball.

I ball better than all of them.

I don't mean to brag but I already have scouts waiting to recruit me when senior year is over.

And it's only November .

Well Mason and I are the only people who really get scouts. That's why I'm so out for putting AnnaBelle up for me. She is going to make us lose.

I continue to walk through the halls with my team to the locker room.

This is where things get dirty.

I drop my bag in the assigned locker and replace my Jordan slides with my Jordan Aqua Lows.

I made sure to lock the locker because that is the same mistake I made Freshman through Junior year.

When I didn't lock it they bleached all my stuff and stole my Air Jordan South Beach 5's. I bought a new pair though.

Anyways I gotta go because its warm up time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After we warmed up we got changed and went out to the floor.

The coach gave us the annual talk before games and sent the stating 5 out there which consisted of ( for this game ) AnnaBelle Torres, Tyler Parker, Andrea Sullivan, Casey-Nicole Weatherspoon, and Keaulana Banks.

Did I tell you I'm one in the only 6 black people in our school who play basketball.

Other than Tyrone, but he's an Oreo.

Black on the outside and White on the inside.

Anyways the game is starting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUB SUB SUB

That's my cue to go out on the court as a substitution for AnnaBelle.

I run on the court and go wait for the other team to shoot their free throws.

They only make 1 and I go and steal the ball and dribble down the court to make a layup, when the big girl swats it away.

I chase the ball and instead of going up for a layup, I shoot a 3.

SWISH IM BALLING.

I'm pretty mad that I came in the 4th quarter.

Now we are tied and our school hasn't been tied since 1987

I realized that there is 10 seconds left and I have the ball.

I'm can't make it past the half court line.

I gotta take the shot .......

------------------------------

END OF CHAPTER VOTE AND COMMENT