Chapter 21: The End

Hiccup's P.O.V 

"Riders, get to your dragons!" I shouted over the clamour of falling rocks above our heads. "Night Furys, if you wish to live I suggest you come with us now and stop attacking my friends." Four of the Night Furys stopped their attack on Skylar and Willow the 5th didn't. He kept jumping on them as though he was making impact, Skylar flicked him off as though he was an annoying fly. "We have to get out of her quick!" I shouted to everyone. Toothless spead off the way we had come through the hole that Skylar and Willow had made and out of the cave. 

Willow's P.O.V 

"Do you have any idea why they attacked us." I panted beating my wings as hard as I could. We had just taken off from the island. I stopped hovering in the air to look at the island, slowly the sea was swallowing it. 

"I have a hunch." He said stopping with me. 

"Which is..." I asked turning and flapping after my friends. 

"The old one... I think he might have been one of the ones to create our species." 

"Well why don't we ask him." I said flying forward to were Toothless was flying with the elder Night Fury. "Sorry to interupt, but you know me and my friend were wondering, why you attacked us?" 

"You are Shapeshifter and Bonded, you had to be destroyed, your friend Toothless has convinced me that you are good dragons and are not dangerous. That I am still pondering, I think to myself, Noctis, because that's my name, I think Noctis, you helped create these things and they are your works if they malfunction you need to destroy them." 

"Did you just call us malfuctions?" Skylar asked astonished. 

"You two are not meant to be alive, the first one of your kind ended up-" 

"Yeah, yeah we know, he killed everyone. But were not like that! Ask any of our friends." Skylar said. You made us though? Aren't you like 300 year old?" 

"289 actually." 

"Ok I was joking, but you made us?" 

"Yes, I helped you humans when you were in need, me and my kin, and look were that got us. There are only 5 Night Furys left on earth, well except you Toothless." Said Noctis. 

"I have a family back home, a mate and twins." 

"That is good, very good there may yet be hope for us." Noctis smiled. 

"Wait, if you created us then you know our weaknesses, the shapeshifters weaknesses.. what are they?" I aske impatiently.

"Really child, you are not right in the head and we have a long flight ahead of us, I suggest that you stop using your energy for talking and instead use it for flying." 

"Fine, but when we get back you have a lot of explainging to do." growled Skylar. 

"Let me sleep on it lad." 

Hiccup's P.O.V 
We flew through the night and into the next day, by the time we arrived on Berk the sun was setting. Toothless landed exhausted. 

"Bud I want you to take very good care of your friends ok." He warbled before licking my face. Urghhhh that smells like fish.

"Hey Gobber" I said walking into his workshop. 

"Oh thank the Gods you're back Hiccup, I don't think I could have lasted another day, chiefing is such hard work. I feel for you I really do, having to look after the island for the next five-" he stopped talking, catching my warning glare. "Yeah I'm really not helping am I."