Chapter 44

Aubree's POV

One step forward, then the other following the same ordeal and stepping further, just a robotic movement and I knew I could do it. After all, I had endured much worse situaions in my life, other than walking on the aisle.

My emotionless face, my tear stained eyes, my smudged blush and the imperfect lip gloss were hidden from the eyes of this world with a white veil. But now I knew that it would be the last day that I would cry for such a person. The last day that I had cried for my best friend Laura.

The entire hall was full with people that I knew, who used to love me, but then, who knew the truth any longer?

My face was still emotionless, just staring at the man who stood at the altar, ready to accept me as his love again, and this time, no one could separate us.

It strained my heart. Well, strained wasn't even the word to define how my heart felt. Ever since I met her, I knew she would be my best friend forever. Who knew that even she would be the same, like those other girls. My heart still ached with the loss that I had just endured. But probably, it was for the best.

Today was the day, I was getting married to Jaden once again, and this time we were ready to bind ourselves in the everlasting bond that would bind us up for the rest of out lives.

I was standing dressed up in the dress that I bought a few days ago, with my hair tied in a neat bun, a bouquet of white lilies in my hands, but my memory struck on her.

When Jaden found out about Laura, we immediately went to the airport, where Laura and Nathan were ready to catch their plane for their honeymoon. Oh hell! Such a good way to start their new life.

When we reached there, we found that the plane had gotten delayed and hence they both hadn't left yet. Nathan was sitting in a booth, while Laura was in one of the restrooms, doing her makeup all over again.

We sat near Nathan and told him everything that occured. His eyes strained with tears, until Laura came back. She knew I had remembered everything, and I could see her shaking with fear, wondering what Nathan would choose to do next.

Nathan got up from his seat and hugged Laura.

"Why did you have to do this to me?" He cried out, while hugging her.

"It was a mistake. I'm sorry Aub. Nathan it wasn't something that intense, I never intended to kill her." Laura said with tears falling down her cheeks, making me feel like I was committing a sin by separating those two yet again.

"How could you make me decide Laura? I never thought you could steep too low to do something like this." Nathan said and pulled over the hug and stared into her eyes.

"Nathan, they are trying to separate us. Please don't listen to them, just stay with me." Laura said while trying to convince him.

"You know what? You already said it, family comes first..." Nathan began, and for once I guessed he was siding with Laura, even she had a smile on her face when he said that.

"But my family isn't you Laura, it's Aubree and Jaden. They are my real family. There's this guy Jaden, who never left my side, even when I was alone, suffering the heartache that was caused to me when you broke up with me. And then, here's Aubree, she never did something with me, whatever happened that day on Isla's party was just a drunken mistake and if you truly loved me, then you should have trusted me at that moment. And moreover, this is the girl who actually united us in matrimony. But I guess you're not capable of understanding such stuff, just because you are still a heartless creature." Nathan spat at her face and I knew it took each and every ounce of his strength to part ways from her.