Chapter 42

Aubree's Pov

*Then*

We began to have clashes, a lot of them. Not only because Jaden was lying, but also because he wasn't spending his time with me. He used to come home late at night, then claimed that he had work to do.

But I knew best. He wasn't out for work, he was out there with Isla. She told me about this everyday. She called me each and every day and told me that Jaden still loved her and that he spent his whole time with her. It broke my heart to know this though. My heart drained with the knowledge of this information. Isla told me this, just because she was being a good friend and wanted me to know the reality. She told me that she wanted him to stop, but he never did. 

He was married to me, yet he wasn't into me not even now. What did this mean? He just married me so that he could be good in the eyes of his parents, and this world. He had married a broken girl, but was fucking her best friend good right?

Each night when he came home, he was too tired that he just came and slept, facing his back towards me. And it killed me. We were already two months married, yet we hadn't even gone for a date, let alone a honeymoon.

Isla used to fuck him everyday, yet Jaden never even kissed me.

But then, one day, it all changed. I realised that Jaden loved me more than anything and that it was killing him to admit this, just because he had something planned. But it was too late.

That day began with yet another clash between us. Jaden had come home late again last night and I was digging at him, telling him to admit what was wrong with us and that why could we not work it out. He just closed the door upon my crying face and walked away on me, like nothing had happened.

As soon as he left the house, with me crying all about it, I found that Jaden had accidentally left his phone at home, which was ringing continuously.

Then, obviously, curiosity got the best of me and I picked up the call. Maybe it was some secret lover who wanted him to come to her place. Maybe someone other than Isla, or Isla herself?

"Hello sir?" Came a man's voice.

"Sorry, Jaden isn't here, he told me to note down the message." I spoke into it. I did feel an ounce of guilt because I was trying to pry into his personal life, but wasn't he supposed to share it with his wife?

"Please tell sir that his new hotel is all ready and he's all set with a new penthouse there. Please let him know that he could give this surprise to his wife tonight, and that the wait of his past two months is finally over." He said and the call was over.

I was left spellbound. So this was it? The reason why he was always late? Because he wanted to surprise me. Because he was working on a new project as a gift for me? Damn! How sick was I that I believed Isla, even when Jaden was my husband?

I wanted to wait for tonight to come, so that I could let Jaden give me this surprise, but then, I heard a knock on the door. I went and opened it and saw Laura there.

"Hey Laura!" I welcomed her in.

We hadn't been in talking terms since a while, and now it made my heart full with joy to see her there.

"Hey Aubree." She said, her voice full of warmness.

We sat in my room and she begun to stare at me like before, when we used to be friends. Maybe, today everything was going to set alright.

"I'm so glad that you finally decided to talk with me. I.." I began but was cut off by her.

"You must be happy right?" She asked me.