Chapter 10

*Now*

Aubree's Pov

I woke up and saw that I was again lying on my hospital bed, while Jaden stood beside me. My head was again throbbing with pain, and I could feel my veins popping.

"Aubree, are you all right?" Jaden asked me with worried eyes.

"I guess I am. What happened?" I asked him.

"I was talking with the doctor, when you entered the room and fell unconscious." Jaden said and took my hands with his, and began to rub it.

"I'm fine Jaden, it must have been due to the tiredness." I lied and he actually bought it.

I remembered why I fell unconscious. He was talking to the doctor about me trying to kill myself, and then I fell. But how could it happen? Why would I even try to kill myself? I knew Jaden would never answer me about it, but I was ready to find it out on my own.

I still remember that I kept a journal with me, to record all my thoughts and emotions. I knew I must have kept that thing hidden somewhere out of Jaden's reach. But for that, I would have to go to our house, not in our parents home.

"Jaden, can we not go to our place for a while?" I asked him, while he looked at me confused.

"I've sold that house, now we'd move to a new one, closer to our parents house." Jaden assured me and I nodded. Now I would have to try something else.

"Do I not have my belongings? Like my art files or books that I used to read?" I asked him with a new hope in my voice.

"I guess they must be present at mom's office where you used to work." Jaden said and I smiled. So finally, I would find my stuff and would be able to know why I tried to kill me.

"But before you grab your stuff, I think we should go to the beach house. We need to spend more time together." Jaden said and a smile arose on my lips.

I always wanted to go to a beach with Jaden. I was afraid of the water rushing at the surface, but I always remembered how he loved the smell of the sea. I still remembered how he explained about his first visit to the beach, and since then, I was wishing to go there with him. And today, he asked me about this.

I was really the most lucky person in the world. So I put the memory of the journal in the corner of my mind and began to imagine the time that we would spend at the beach. Afterall, my search could definitely wait for some more time.

After this talk, the doctor came and gave me another load of medicines and he also approved that going to the beach might make me feel better than before, so we were all ready for this trip.

Jaden had decided that we would go to the beach house for the weekend and spend the full time together with each other, without getting interrupted. And it made me feel very excited.

He took me home, where I packed my bag with some of my clothing, though there were not many pretty dresses. Almost every dress I owned was dull, or too provocative. And even Jaden noticed this.

"I never liked gray, then why do I have ten dresses in different gray shades?" I asked him with confusion.

"I guess you should throw all of that away, we can go for shopping." Jaden said and I agreed, afterall, I wanted the time we spend at the beach to be perfect, and it would be perfect if I have the perfect dresses, or so I guessed.

That afternoon, Jaden took me out for shopping. And I was surprised to see too many changes in fashion. I brought many dresses, so that I could get rid of my old wardrobe. I brought floral prints and lively colours and it was almost a contrast to the ones I used to have earlier.

Then we reached back home and packed our stuff for the weekend.

"Aubree can you please sit down now? I don't want you to exert yourself again." Jaden said when he saw I was packing my own bag.

"Come on Jaden, how will I ever gain my strength back if you always tell me to sit?" I argued back.

"Aubree please, you can sit and then pack it. Don't stand for such a long time. Come let me help you out." He said and made me sit on the bed while he began to search my new wardrobe for dresses.

"Here, this pink one, this blue one.. and this.. " he began to take out my dresses and handed them to me.

"I love this blue dress, it will highlight your eyes and make you look even more beautiful." Jaden said and placed the blue dress in the bag and closed it.

And much to my surprise, I could not help but be happy. How could I even stay mad at him? He was the person I dreamt about every day and night, and he looked so adorable when he helped me out. I could not help but stare at him, all I wanted was to kiss his plump red lips right now. I was his wife and I had a right to do so, but I hesitated.

"Hey Aubree?" He made me come out of my dreams and I realised that he must have said something while I was dreaming about kissing him.

"Nothing I may have zoned out." I said and he looked at me with worry in his eyes again. He came closer to me and held my hands, and him coming close to me wasn't helping the situation.

"Are you alright? We can stay here at home if you don't want to go." Jaden said.

"No we have to go, I was just thinking about something." I said and he looked better.

"Thinking about what?" He asked.

"Do I have to tell you?" I blushed. How the hell would I tell him I was dreaming about kissing him.

"I'm your husband Aubree. You can tell me anything." He said and maybe that gave me the push.

"I was thinking about kissing you." I said and in an instant, his lips were on mine, claiming my mouth with a hunger and soon he was on top of me, kissing me harder and harder. As if he too had been dreaming to kiss me, and now all his emotions were coming out in this kiss. And I was drowning in him, he was so good at it. Or maybe, it felt good because I had been thinking about doing this since a long time, and when he finally did it, it made it seem even better.

What ever it was, I knew that this weekend would surely be worth it.

Please vote, comment and share.
Thank you!
Toxic_Mg