Chapter 6

Aubree's Pov

The next day when I woke up, I was welcomed with the sweet smell of pancakes. I opened my eyes and saw Jaden walking in the room and placing the food on a small table next to me.

"Good morning Aubree." He greeted me with a smile on his face and then helped me to get up.

"Good morning Jaden." I grumbled in my sleep.

I sat on the bed, while he sat next to me with the tray of the food in his hand.

"Here, I've brought apple juice for you today, I hope you like it." he said and made me laugh.

"Yes I love every juice except orange." I told him while I took a big sip of the delicious juice. Then I eyed the plate and saw pancakes with blueberry sauce.

I began to drool while looking at those. This is what you act like when you are forced to eat porridge for ten days. I felt like a queen, getting such good food, while sitting on my king sized bed, in a room full of my pics and several scented roses, with the person I had a crush on as my husband.

I began to eat the food and then stared at him, he wasn't eating anything.

"Why are you not eating?" I asked him.

"I have already eaten." He told and I nodded my head.

"Aubree, since when did you have a crush on me?" He asked me and I felt a smile creep on my face.

I could forget everything about the past ten years, but I had not forgotten about how I got a crush on him.

"Tell me everything. I want to know the things that you remember, and then I will tell you about the things that you missed." He said and held my hands and stared into my eyes. I don't think I could say no to that look on his face.

"Okay, so do you remember that day when I sat with you in the cafeteria for the first time?" I asked him.

"I do remember it, yet not that clearly." He said and I nodded, understanding that he was lying. He did not remember it.

Obviously, why would he remember those moments? It was too surprising to acknowledge that the moments which meant the world to me, were not present in his memory. The moments that I used to look back upon, again and again, meant nothing to him. Strange right?

It was too sad to acknowledge that Jaden had completely forgotten that how we even met back at the university. We used to be pretty cool friends back then, but him not remembering about certain things made me feel sad.

He saw me frowning at his comments and said, "I may have forgotten them, but I'm trying to set everything right, eh?"

I tried to smile at his comment and then began to remember that day, when we first met each other.

I walked into the cafeteria and saw that my friends were not here. They had a lunch detention, since they were caught cheating in a test. This meant that I had to stay alone all throughout the lunch.

But it wasn't a problem. I was fine with that, but the problem I faced next was that the entire place was full. There was not a single seat empty. And going out in the sun wasn't an option since it was summer, and the sun was on it's full blaze.

I had a tray of food in my hands, with burger and a coke, and I was scanning the entire place, trying to find an empty seat.

Then finally, I saw an empty seat next to a guy, who was wearing a blue check shirt. He was sitting all alone, while eating his food. And without even noticing, my feet began to move towards him.

"Hey can I sit here? This is the only empty seat." I said while he glanced over at me, and his hazel eyes met mine. And all I could do at that moment was to stare into his eyes, and though I tried to act calmly, but I could not. I had never in my life seen such a bright light in someone's eyes, and I instantly knew that I had fallen for him.

He had a strong jawline, which would clearly attract any woman's attention, and his hair was messily styled, which made him look even more handsome.

"Yes sure." He smiled at me and I sat next to him, but due to his nearness, my clumsiness increased and I stumbled, as I began to sit next to him, and my coke fell on his arm and I got so  embarrassed that my cheeks turned a deep shade of red.

"Oh shit! I'm extremely sorry! I did not mean to.." I began saying things that appeared in my mind. Thanks to being a verbose.

"It's fine, it was just an accident." He said and smiled at me, though he had a full right to shout at me.

He was so calm, and cute and sexy. He just took out a handkerchief and wiped the coke off his arms.

While, I sat next to him, saying sorry again and again, while he just smiled and said that it was okay, and wiped the coke off his arm, while I was literally drooling over him. Even chewing my burger made me feel self conscious while I sat next to him. Soon, he finished his lunch and went away, while I wondered why I did not ask him his name?

But more than that, I knew, that I had fallen for a person on whom I had spilt my coke. Such a good way for the first impression. But I thought that I would never be able to talk with him ever again, I thought that the guy on whom I spilled the coke would just disappear into thin air and never come back in my life. Little did I know, that he would become my best friend, and husband as I grow up.

Please vote, comment and share.
Thank you :)
~Toxic_Mg