Chapter 22

Jaden's Pov

Amazing, isn't it? How time changes all the situations?

There used to be a time when I ran away from all my problems. I knew time would heal them. But never in my life did I know that the person who detests me actually loved me.

Hatred, yes she told me this is the only thing that she feels for me. How could someone love you so much but still tell you that they hate you? What wrong had I done to her? I had never in my life touched any other woman except her. I had tried to get her a job at mom's office, which she actually did very well, but her addiction was eating her alive. She was on drugs and ran away from the rehab center two times.

When I found her lying unconscious after falling from the first floor of our apartment, my heart was shattered into a million pieces. I loved her since the beginning and watching her lying with blood coming out of her head made me mad. How could someone who had such a beautiful heart, end up like this. But I knew I should not leave hope, I knew she would survive. She had to. I was mad at me, for not trying harder to let her in my life. I was mad at me for leaving her all alone at home. God! I was mad at me for not taking her to the rehab in time.

Whatever made her believe that I did not like her. But then it all changed. Suddenly just like it had never even occurred. I was on the verge of losing her to my demons, but she came back flying like an angel, giving my life a new hope.

And this time I knew that if I lose her, she would never come back again. Hence, I did not want her to remember her past. The present was so good that I actually felt as if I were alive finally.

"Mr. Madden?" My assistant came in and my thoughts drifted away. I should stop day dreaming during office hours!

"Yes Melissa what is the matter?" I asked her.

"Someone by the name Tristan Green is here to see you." She said and my eyes shot open. He was the investigator that I had hired to help out with the Aubree case. He was studying our old apartment and was trying to figure out why she had tried to kill herself.

"Send him in as soon as possible." I said and Melissa ran away, after seeing me all worried.

In a few minutes, Tristan was in my office. He was a short man with a big moustache, and wrinkles all around his fragile face.

"Mr. Jaden Madden, nice to meet you again." He said, as we shook our hands and sat on the chair in front of me.

"So Tristan, did you figure it out yet that why Aubree tried to kill herself?" I asked him.

"Mr. Madden, this is why I came to talk with you. This case is not as simple as we think it to be." He said and my curiosity level rose up. Nothing in my life was simple my dear.

"So what's the new complication?" I asked him.

"Aubree did not try to kill herself. It seems as if there was someone with her when she was thrown out of the window. It was an attempt to murder." He said and indeed, my heart began to boil with rage. How could someone even dare to kick her out of the window? Aubree was on drugs, but apart from that she was good and sweet and never bothered anyone. Then why would someone try to kill her? Someone wants her dead, but why?

"How did you figure this out?" I asked him.

"We found the pair of scissors which cut off Aubree's hair before she fell, and it had the fingerprints of someone other than her. And her hair was chopped off just before this incident. We even found the big mess of her hair in the bathroom." He said.

"Do you know who this person is?" I asked.

"Not yet sir, but we are trying our best." Tristan said and I nodded my head.

"Thank you for stopping by Tristan. Keep updating me with the progress of the work. And try to find this person as soon as possible." I said and he nodded and went away.

Now the things were getting messier day by day. If someone tried to kill her once, then they would try this again. What if the person was right there, ready for the next move?

These thoughts made me tremble and I felt so worried that I instantly got up and drove to meet her. Aubree's life was in danger and I had to protect her, oh yes, but she should not know about this yet.

So ding! ding! Another mystery in this tale! Jaden's pov on much public demand. What do you think might have happened?
~Toxic_Mg