Chapter 29

Jaden's Pov

*Then*

"Hey Jaden, I did not expect to meet you, hey Isla, and hey sir." Aubree said as she got into the car and sat next to Sebastian, while Isla was next to me.

The way she said my name, I knew that she was taunting me, and the way she called him sir, she was verbally trying to seduce him. What did I do now? What the hell was my fault? It felt as if she was blaming me for something wrong that I had done. I wish I knew what that was.

"Hey Aubree, I'm so glad that you came." Isla said.

"I'm glad too." I whispered.

"I'm sure you are." She said, loud enough for me to hear.

While we drove towards the resturant, I heard Aubree flirting with Sebastian, yet she ignored each and every sentance that I said. And being a jerk that Seb was, was, even he started to flirt with her, and he ignored me too. Why she did this was beyond me. She wasn't like this before. Maybe, I was too preoccupied with Isla that I forgot to help her when she and Laura broke their friendship apart. I had made sure that Laura was okay, but maybe, I forgot that even Aubree needed someone next to her.

As we reached the restaurant, I took Isla by the hand, and when I looked beside me, I saw that even Aubree had her arm over Seb.

I had known Isla since the past four years, and hence, it was okay for me to hold her hand, but Aubree had just known him for a while and her hand was clasped around his.

We sat in the corner booth, and decided for our drinks. Isla and I placed our orders and waited for Aubree and Sebastian to place their orders.

"I will have a glass of orange juice." Sebastian said.

"What kind of a jerk drinks orange juice?" I murmured, but I guess Aubree heard that.

"That's a nice choice Seb, even I love orange juice, and I would love to have a glass too." Aubree said and I looked at her surprised. She never drank orange juice when we were on talking terms.

"How have you been Aubree?" I asked her, trying to start a conversation with her.

"I have been good, great even." She said and instantly drove her eyes away from me. She was definitely lying. She wasn't good, she was hiding something from me.

That night, I danced with Isla in the hotel, and being an elegant dancer, all eyes were on her. When I asked Aubree to come and dance too, she declined. She told me that she stopped dancing. She said that dancing makes her feel sick.

That wasn't true though. I knew how much she loved to dance, but now she wasn't the same person that I knew. She had changed. After this day, I never saw her dancing, I should even say that I forgot the fact that she was capable of dancing.

The girl I knew was long gone, and now the one that appeared in front of me was a total stranger.

From that day onwards, I found that Aubree and Sebastian began to hang out together, anytime that I saw them, they remained together. And it made me feel mad at me, because it was my fault that they both remained together. It was Isla's fault that she matchmaked her and that jerk of her cousin.

Aubree was such a gem, but this Sebastian made her something else. He made her like him. Now whenever I saw Aubree, I found that she was smoking. She began to do drugs. She even coloured her hair green, which destroyed her overall personality, I remember how much she loved her hair long and naturally brown, but now that all was gone.

I tried to talk with her, so that she could stop doing this stuff, I tried to bring the old Aubree back. But surprisingly, she was already long gone.

I began to have fights with Isla, I blamed her for Aubree's demise, and then, a time came when I told her that we could never be again together. I wasn't in love with her, I was just physically attracted towards her. She was all I wanted, but not something that I needed. I needed someone who could understand me fully, and I guess, Isla wasn't that person for me.

Laura came back to the country, and our interactions increased because she started to work in my own company. Meanwhile, Nathan saw that Laura was back, and he was still in love with her. So he began to talk with me, and hence, we three became good again, even though they both did not admit that they still loved each other.

Now I thought that since, we three were together, Aubree should be back too. But I also knew that she won't be the one to begin talking with me. Even Laura had forgiven Aubree, because she realised that Aubree would never do that to her, and that it must be a misunderstanding.

Now it was my chance to perform a trick. I sent her an application for an interview and I recommended her to my mom. She saw her resume, and inspite of her newly adopted personality, mom selected her because she saw the passion in her.

She began to work in mom's office, and hence I knew what she did and where she went from that day on. I know I sound like a stalker, but right now, my main concern was to safeguard her, before it gets too late.

I never talked with her, I tried to, but somehow, I just could not talk with her. I heard mom telling me that she was still going out with Sebastian. And even she despised him.

This all was still better. The worst came over one day, when I was sleeping and suddenly, my phone began to ring. At first, I ignored it, but later I thought it might be important. I got up and saw the name Aubree flashing over my screen. And in an instant, a smile came over my face. And I realised that I was already in love with her, it just took me five years, to finally realise that.

This chapter is not at all edited, and I apologise for this. Another cliffhanger! Please tell me what you think!
~Toxic_Mg