Chapter 38

Aubree's Pov

*Then*

I could feel the touch of his hands, as they began to roam my body, drawing tiny circles on them, as he kissed the fuck out of my neck. I did admit that it felt good, but I never imagined that this is how my experience with Jaden would feel.

I held his hands once, which were soft and warm, but today, his hands were rough and cold, making me slightly cringe at the thought of kissing him back.

He began to kiss me all along again, and this time, I could feel something, but it wasn't so good.

"Jaden.. " I moaned, while his lips sucked my earlobe.

After sometime, he stopped. Just laid beside me and began to stare at the ceiling.

"I'm leaving." He said.

It was then that I realised that it wasn't Jaden. It was Matt. This is why it felt so bad, but then why did I think about Jaden? I was totally over it, it had been a few years since I even saw him. I knew that he was still dating Isla though, because she was always there to fill me up about their latest details. About the fact that they were still together, and happily fucking.

"Why are you leaving?" I aksed him out of curiosity, even though I did not give a single shit about him.

"I've got a new job in California, and since I know that you're not into me at all, it was better for me to leave." He said and my heart constricted within me. He had always loved me, but here I was, using him because the person I loved chose someone else. I knew he would be so sad about this.

"Matt I'm sorry. You deserve much better than me." I said, still staring at the ceiling.

This guy next to me might be broken fully, he might be into drugs, into alcohol or any other shit, but I knew that he loved me and always hoped the best for me. If only I could feel the same way he felt for me.

"You need not be sorry. I would always wish that your love comes back to you. That will Jaden realise what he had been missing all this time." He said and a tear rolled down my cheeks.

It had been years, but even now, my heart ached to see that smirk on his face. My hands still tried to resist to feel the touch of his beard on his face. My eyes still waited to see him by my side. My ears still craved to hear his voice. He was my everything, but I had lost him. Lost him....

That day was the last day when I met Matt. He went away to live his life, to fulfill his job. But I wasn't alone, not even now. I still had Matt's friends to hang out with. Yes they weren't as good hearted as Matt, but still their company was all that I required, whether it was true or not.

This new group of friends made me who I was now. They made me confident and a rebel. I painted my hair green, and found it as a way to develop a new personality. I had stopped doing drugs though.

Some days later, I found a message from Isla on my phone.

I called her and she told me that she had arranged a double date for me with Sebastian, her brother who taught us how to dance. She told that Jaden would be their and he was willing to meet me.

My heart melted at this thought. Why did this happen now? Why did he want to meet me? It had been so many years now, but still, the thought alone of meeting him made me feel overexcited. No matter why I had to meet him. No matter if it was Seb I had to go to a double date with, I would never in a million years drop an opportunity like this. I wanted to meet him, and I would.

The day of our double date came flying by very soon. I wasn't trying to dress well for Jaden, but indirectly, I was dressing up, trying to look better than Isla. She was already hot and sexy, with the best of the designer dresses in town, but I on the other hand owned just a handfull of dresses.

I chose one of my best blue cocktail dress and stared at myself. I did look good, even if not hotter or sexier than Isla, but I did look beautiful. As I stared at my reflection, I observed the changes in my life.

The last time I saw Jaden was when I was trying to run away from him at the cafeteria at college. I was imagining to see him in the same shade of blue that I was wearing. But still, blue or not, at least I was going to meet him. But, a girl could wish, right.

Hey! Short chapter I know! But I'd try to update asap!
~Toxic_Mg