Chapter 43

Aubree's Pov

*Now*

The love that I gave him, was never reciprocated by him earlier. The love that he felt for me, never even reached me. And when we were finally on the verge of getting together, we were ripped apart all over again, that too by my own best friend.

What did I do to deserve this? If I was betrayed because of the trust that I withheld in my best friend, then I would never be able to trust anyone else again.

The girl who asked me what to wear, how to dress up, who copied all my homework, the girl who sang with me when we were all drunk and rolled down the streets, laughing and screaming profanities at all the passerbys. She actually shared each and every moment of her life with me. The woman who was now married to my best friend. How could I even face him and tell him about what she had done?

You have no idea what people are capable of doing if pushed enough. It may not seem rational, but then, again, nothing is rational. Never put anyone on a pedestal, that way when they fall off of it you won't be shocked.

I was fully wide awake right now. I was still in a soft feathery bed. But I did not want to wake up right now. What if I woke up and found Laura right in front of me, with all the other friends. How could I even forgive her, after all that she had done to me.

I had always tried to make Nathan and Laura admit that they loved each other. And while, I was the one making them fall in love with each other, she was the one who ripped me apart from Jaden.

"Aubree, please wake up soon. Don't put me through that coma phase ever again. I won't be able to see you like that again." I heard Jaden say and my heart melted yet again. He was here.

He was here with me. He was holding my hands and caressing my cheeks, trying to wake me up. Right now, that I had remembered each and every detail that occured within the past ten years. I wanted to be with him, to open my eyes and tell him that I would never let the differences of our past affect out present life. But I guess I was again way too scared for that stuff right now. I wish I did not have to admit that I remembered everything, I wish I could forget it all again, and continue living happily with Jaden, in my new life. Why was the past too hard to admit?

"Aubree please... wake up...the doctors said it's not something big to be worried for, but then they don't love you, I do, and until I see you awake, I won't leave this room." Jaden sobbed while holding me into his tight hug.

"Jaden." I sobbed back, without opening my eyes, and trying to make the pain go away.

"Oh God! Aubree, you are awake! Are you alright now? Do you even know how..." he began his rambling, while I lost it and broke down into tears, and sobbed into his arms, still keeping my eyes closed.

"I remember it all Jaden." I continued to cry and began to wail loudly. How could I take it all in at this time.

"It's going to be alright now Aubree. I'm with you. Don't leave me, please." He hugged me tightly and began to wipe my tears away, which were not ready to stop now. 

"Jaden, I won't ever leave you. But right now please stop talking for a while, hug me, kiss me, but don't say a word, just stay." I said and he held me closer while kissing my forehead.

"At least tell me who did it?" He asked and my muscles tensed up again.

"Shh Jaden, trust me you don't need to hear it right now." I said and burried my face deeper into his neck.

"Are you all right?" he asked me.

"Maybe sometimes, we don't need to be alright. Sometimes, this is all that we need." I said and burried my face into him again. After that, we did not talk. Not even for a while. All we did was that we stayed into each other's arms.

The next day, when I woke again, I was ready with my decision. I won't be able to tell anyone about Laura. How could I? Maybe I would eventually let it all out, but not right now. After their wedding, they had flown off to Hawaii for their honeymoon, and even though they wanted to stay until I woke up, they could not because of the plane reservations, and maybe, as we speak, they might be waiting at the airport, waiting to board on their plane.

Jaden opened the door and we silently sat in his car, while he was driving towards the private investigator who was ready to question me.

"I'm gonna be in there with you don't worry." Jaden said and held my hand in his.

"I know Jaden." I assured him.

"Good morning sir, madam, please have a seat, I'm John, and I would be questioning you today." The investigator said and made us sit in front of him.

"Sure sir." I said and sat with a thin smile stretched over my face.

"So, do you remember that car kidnapping that occured with your best friend?" He asked us.

"What is this all about? Is this the topic of discussion?" Jaden asked John.

"Yes sir, this is why I called you. We caught the kidnappers." He said and a pang of fear came all over me.

"Who did that, and why?" Jaden asked.

"The kidnappers were not supposed to pick up your best friend ma'am. They were supposed to take you." He said and Jaden tightened his grip on my hand.

"But how? Why?" Jaden asked.

"Actually, the person who wanted to take out Aubree told the kidnappers to take the girl without a scarf, but they misunderstood and took the one with the scarf." John explained further.

"Who was the one who wanted to kidnapp her?" Jaden asked with anger flaring in his voice.

"It is someone by the name Laura Hinkle." He said and I saw the world slipping off Jaden's feet, just like it happened with me.

But as far as I was concerned, I knew that now I had to stand up for myself and look after my family, afterall, family always come first right?

Hey there! Thanks for reading guys! Just one chapter to go!! Hurrah!!
~Toxic_Mg