Chapter Thirteen: 21st Century Girls

What they never really tell you when you go to those first aid classes about pregnancy is just how awful giving birth is for everyone involved. The screaming, the blood, the inevitable person that passes out, whether it's from nerves, excitement, or the blood no one is ever quite sure.

It sucks to be the person trying to soothe the conceiving mother as they scream at everyone in the room.

It's hard not to take some of the things she says personally; the bluntness should stop the words from stinging, but the still manage to pierce the heart and worm their way into the brain, birthing doubts along with the child.

No one warns you that while the first cries of the child are emotional, they are also wild and jarring coming from the small bundle.

No one tells you that it takes time to lose the baby bump; it doesn't just disappear as soon as the baby is out.

No one warns you that even though you hated every moment of the process until the moment they put that little bundle of joy into your arms, you choose to go through it again, all for that feeling of 'I made this, this is wholly mine'.

No one tells you exactly how much you change when you become a parent.

____________________________________________________________________________

"They're gone," Jane said after Jimin let her into the apartment.

Jade was still in the bathroom, and Jin and Namjoon were seated on opposite sides of the room, facing opposite one another, as though the other's presence could burn them.

"Are they going to come back?" Yoongi questioned, shooting a glare at both Namjoon and Jin before turning back towards Jane.

"No. They don't want to return here. I can't blame them. A great loss to their pack happened here."

"A great loss to our pack happened here, and yet she still lives here."

"You could move her, Namjoon. I've done nothing since apologizing that warrants this kind of treatment. I get that Jade is really close to giving birth, and yeah, it sucks that she still doesn't have all of her memories back, but that doesn't mean that you can treat everyone else like shit. We don't deserve it." She added a final point to really nail in her argument; "Jade wouldn't want that."

____________________________________________________________________________

Ten minutes in the bathroom seemed like a long time to Jungkook, even for a pregnant woman, and for a brief moment he questioned if she had fallen in. Shaking that idea from his head, he knocked on the door. "Jade? Are you okay in there?"

Jade exhaled heavily on the other side of the door. Shit, this hurts.

"Jungkook?" she whimpered, hands resting on either side of the sink as she tried to focus on the breathing exercises that her doctor had recommended. "I think- I think my water just broke."

"Oh man, holy shit," he whispered, then bolted down the hallway into the living room.

"Jungkook? What's wrong?" Hoseok questioned from his perch on the couch's armrest, Jimin's head resting against his thigh.

"Jade's water broke."

The almighty 'fuck' that Yoongi let out was probably heard four cities over. In an instant, everyone was moving, Jane rushing down the hallway to help Jade, while Jimin grabbed the baby bag and Hoseok scrambled around looking for keys. Bypassing Jin, who was grabbing every extra towel out of the hall closet, Yoongi was punching various numbers into the phone, trying to get ahold of literally everyone: Big Hit, Jade's parents, Dinah, Namjoon's parents, (y/n).