Chapter One: Boy Meets Evil

A dart dipped in something of a luminescent blue. A flash of fur and teeth. The splattering of blood upon the pavement and a crushing pain in the right temple. Vision fading in and out, black and white tunneling and messing with both the head and the stomach.

The pavement was cold beneath her, a funny shock, something that she knew in the back of her mind should have made her flinch, but her head was so fuzzy and full of cotton that she just smiled faintly.

The world was softening at the edges, fading in and out, much like she had been staring at a computer screen for too long and was having trouble adjusting to the world without pixels. But that couldn't be right, because the world was pixelating around her.

A sudden blackness, nothingness smothering her in its blankets. The occasional breakthrough of a voice that should have been familiar, but wasn't. Pain everywhere and understanding nowhere.

The mattress was shitty, the lights far too bright, and the man on the laptop far too unfamiliarly familiar, a celebrity that she thought she knew, yet knew nothing about.

And questions that seemed to pierce the hope that had blossomed in his eyes.

"Where am I? And why is Rap Monster of BTS watching me over skype?"    

________________________________________________________________________________

Losing two years' worth of memories wasn't the strangest thing to happen to Jade, but at the moment she couldn't remember what exactly took first place. And honestly, in all actuality, she was wondering if Namjoon had always been this annoying, or if he was just now starting to be annoying.

His incessant nagging and worrying about her health, how she was feeling, did she need anything, was exhausting, and she had pretty much told him that to his face. She wasn't emotionally prepared to deal with him; the hormones from the baby were messing with her patience and intelligence. It was a world she didn't understand, like a language that she'd heard all her life, yet could not understand.

She was holed up in an apartment that she barely recognized, yet belonged to her somehow, with people she had watched through her computer screen for years, never dreaming that she would be where she was now.

By some twist of fate, she had apparently known the boys for two years, 730 days that she could not remember. At all.

And she was getting annoyed by the blocks her mind had put up against her. There would be moments when she would get a flash of a memory, just a feeling or a color, and then it would be gone.

Every time this happened, Namjoon forced her to tell him about it. This was what he was currently doing, which was driving her bonkers.

"What did you remember?"

The hope in his voice was almost pitiful, as though all of her memories could have returned in the short time that she had had an inkling of something.

"Nothing helpful, as usual."

It had been a month since she had woken up, a month since she had been thrust into a life that was hers, yet not hers.

"Tell me anyway."

"It was nothing helpful, Namjoon. Nothing important."

"Please just tell me."

"Fine," she snapped, "A silver dart and crushing pain in my head. Happy?"

"I'm only trying to help," he murmured.

The other members, who had been lounging around in the apartment, glanced at each other.

This hadn't been the first fight they had witnessed, but Jade looked pissed. In fact, it looked like this time she was really going to let him have it.

"But it's not helping!" she exploded, standing up so quickly that she almost fell over. "When are you going to get it through your head that my memories aren't coming back any time soon? Why is it so hard for you to understand that I'm not the same person you're used to talking to all the time? I'm not her, Namjoon. I can't be her for you because I have to figure out what the hell I'm going to do with my life now that I live in Korea, can hardly understand anything in any of the notes I've written myself, and have you showing up at odd hours to try to get me to remember things that my mind has blocked out for what looks like good reason! And, to top it all off, I'm pregnant for god's sake, so I apologize if my priority isn't you at the moment, because god knows it has been up until this moment. From what I've heard, I apparently have given up my entire life to play mother for the rest of you! And I'm sorry if that isn't what I want anymore, because now I have perspective! So, for the love of god, just leave me the fuck alone."

"Jade..."

"No. I want you all out. Now. And take this with you," she said, pulling her ring from her finger and flinging it a Namjoon.

She coldly watched him scramble to pick it up off the floor before evicting everyone from her apartment, sinking to the floor against the door as soon as it was closed.

"Jesus Christ, Jade. What have you done?"

________________________________________________________________________________

All Taehyung could feel from you was shock. Shock, and an underlying sense of stress and worriedness. Tentatively, he put his hand on your shoulder.

"I know," he murmured, pulling you into a hug.

"This is unnerving. I... I... I don't even know what to say..."

"It's so out of character for her. She wasn't like that, even back before she knew all of us."

You both sat in shock for a moment, silently basking in your own thoughts and the emotions of each other as you watched the others load into cars. You waited for someone to instruct you, tell you where to go and what to do, because god only knew why the only woman in this new world of werewolves and idols was suddenly snappish and cold.

There had been fights before. The yelling wasn't anything new, in fact, this fight had been almost tame in comparison to some of the others. This fight, however, had been the first time that Jade had thrown everyone out of her apartment. Normally she kept at least Jane with her, even at times letting some of the members remain in the apartment. She had, of course, never thrown her ring before, either.

That was probably the most unnerving part of this fight.

You had remained fairly positive and optimistic about Namjoon and Jade's relationship. It had seemed that after getting over the initial shock, she had warmed to the idea of her and Namjoon being a couple. Apparently, you had been wrong.

Namjoon was staring at the ring like it held the secrets to the universe, and a bit like it had killed his dog. In a moment, Jungkook was by his side, trying to talk him off of the metaphorical cliff that his mind was no doubt hurtling toward.

"I don't know what to do," you whispered, hating feeling so helpless.

"I know, (y/n). I know."

And so it begins! 

Also, if any of you are on tumblr, you can find me at bastanubis29.tumblr.com

Come around and say hi!

Always and Forever,

Bastanubis29