.PaperMate.

"Wake up! School is starting in 15 days and we haven't even bought a pencil!" Liza screams into my ear, but somehow, I seem to be catching up on the sleep I missed in the orphanage because all that screaming and shouting is just making it's way into my dream while I'm still sleeping peacefully. "Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up." Liza chants bluntly while poking my face with her witch-like finger nails. 

 "Haiiiiiiiiiiya!" I scream while karate chopping Liza into pieces. She looks at me with a blank expression on her face. "Go get dressed. We are going school shopping." Funny, I just had a dream that Liza was saying something about school shopping...

 I quickly get dressed into my usual outfit. A plain tee with a pair of shorts. "MOOOOOOOOOOM! What's for breakfast?" I shout out into the hallways as I finish lacing up my black Converse sneakers. "You mean lunch?" she replies sarcastically. "No, I mean breakfast." I respond. Two can play at that game. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever. We're having oatmeal." Oh yay! My favourite!

 Liza and I quickly finish up our food and on our way out of the apartment complex, I plead with Liza to let Teagan come shopping with us. "Oh please! Besides, it's better if she comes with us because she knows what I need for school and.. and.. yeah! Please????????" "Ugh! Fine!" Yay! I quickly sprint back up the stairs, open Teagan's apartment door, drag her out of bed and dump her in the car. Hey, that's what best friends are for!

 "Where am I?" she asks confused. "In a car about to go back to school shopping with mom and I." I reply as though it is normal for a person to wake up inside a car. "Oh, ok then." She replies. With Teagan, nothing is normal. I am just about to cuddle up next to Teagan and go to sleep alongside her when my favourite song comes blasting through the stereo. 

"Yo, yo. Quavo

I'm the one that hit that same spot. Hit it.
She the one that bring them rain drops, rain drops.
We go back, remember criss-cross and hopscotch, hopscotch?
You the one that hold me down when the block's hot, hot.
I make your dreams come true when you wake up. Dream.
And your look's just the same without no make up, eh.
Had to pull up on your mama, see what you're made of. Mama.
Ain't gotta worry 'bout 'em commas 'cause my cake up, hey
You can run inside my life from that fame bus
'Cause I promise when we step out you'll be famous, yeah
Modern day Bonnie and Clyde what they named us. Why?
'Cause when we pull up—prr prr—all angles!" 

Teagan, who had just recently woken up, and I screamed knowingly to Quavo's part in our favourite song, 'I'm the one.' 

"Wow girls, lovely voices. You could be on Britain's got Talent." Liza says sarcastically, and as I always say, it takes two to tangle. "Oh thank you! We know! Trust me, we know. I mean-" I try to respond, emphasis on the word try, before Liza pulls up into the parking lot of a grand mall. "We're here! Get yourselves out of the car! We've got some shopping to do!"

****************************

"Ok, we need pencil cases, water bottles, binders, pencils, pens, erasers, sharpeners, rulers, tee-shirts, jeans, more pencil cases, notebooks, and backpacks." Liza says while reading from a list that she had written before hand as we walk through the mall, not really headed anywhere. For a new mom, she's pretty responsible. 

 "Oh! There's PaperMate right there! We can get pens and pencils and other writing materials and binders and notebooks there!" Teagan exclaims. "Oh, let's go then." I say while taking the lead ad heading towards PaperMate. We walk in and I am immediately refreshed by the cool air conditioning. I get some cute notebooks, some colored binders for each class, and some fuzzy pencils there while Liza gets this huge, thick notebook for writing the 'scripts for her YouTube videos' and of course, she gets me one, hoping that it will inspire me to start my own channel. But to be frank, that was a whole $2.99 wasted.