I hate to admit this, but at the moment, Miles seems like he could be a better boyfriend then Jayce. My body seemed to calm down a bit; his eyes were filled with sincerity. I couldn’t help but feel bad for him.
I would have never thought that I would feel bad for someone like Miles, ever, in my life.

“You really love her, don’t you?” I said, in almost a whisper.

He let out a chuckled, “Yeah, but she kinda hates me, so…”

I let out a laugh as well, “Well, why don’t you just do something spontaneous, amaze her, do something that’ll get her to look in your direction again.”

He looked at me in disbelief, “How can you say that when the guy she likes is your best friend too?” 

“Touché.” I admitted.

I couldn’t give Miles the right type of advice when the other guy he’s up against for Lillian’s heart is Colton. It’s not my place anyways. She saved Colton from dropping everything and just leaving town. With the complications with his father and his mother having a hard time financially, she’s basically all he has.

“Besides,” He drew in a breath, “She’s not going to break it off with caring Colton, for manwhore Miles.”

I giggled, but quickly seized knowing that he wasn’t kidding. He gave me a pitiful expression, obviously feeling upset about his predicament.

I hesitantly placed my hand on his shoulder; trying to comfort him, “Don’t stress yourself over this.”

He noticed my hand, and shrugged it off, trying to play off that he was tough, “Yeah, whatever.”

Once again, he glanced over his shoulder, fixing the bag that was on his bag, “Look, this never happened alright? I-I don’t want anyone knowing that I asked you for advice about Lillian, so don’t mention this to anyone, especially her.”

I nodded, understanding, “Yeah, okay.”

“Oh,” He said before walking away, “can you pass along a message to Lillian, if you get the chance?”

I agreed, urging him to get on with what he wanted to say.

“Tell her, that I miss her.”

With that he walked away, without looking back or another word.

I walked home, instead of waiting for Cameron to be finished with his football practice. Instead of starting on my homework, like I usually did when I got home, I pulled out my phone and dialed the number of the girl who owed me a whole lot of answers.

“Hey Alex, what’s up?” she greeted.

I blew out a breath, “Lillian, we need to talk, about a lot of things.”

She was quiet for a moment, before replying, “Is this about the whole you, Jayce, and Parker thing? Because I could come over if you want, or we can meet up at-“

“This is actually uh, about you,” I interrupted.

I heard a few muffled sounds on the other line, “Oh, do you want to meet up at the coffee shop then?”

I told her a quick reply, and we both agreed to meet in about 10-15 minutes, since the shop was just in town.

The drive was short, and filled with the quiet tune that was coming out of the radio in one of my parents’ car, that I may have forgotten to inform them that I was going to use it, but oh well.