chapter 2

The next morning, Shay was awakened by a loud and obnoxious sound blaring from her alarm clock. The brunette groggily turned it off and slowly sat up, wiping the sleepiness from her eyes. The sun peaked through the bedroom window, bathing the brunettes bareback. Shay sighed happily, turning to look at her girlfriend who was sleeping peacefully.

"Babe, wake up" Shay rasped out, nudging the girl's arm.

Sasha groaned, rolling over onto her side, facing the window. "Five more minutes"

Shay giggled, "I don't think the principal will be happy if you're late for work"

"I guess those kids will just have to teach themselves"

The brunette nudged the girl's body again. "C'mon, you have to leave in two hours"

To say it was hard getting Sasha up in the morning was an understatement, the small blonde refused to leave her bed. It was warm and cozy, whereas outside it was cold and frosty.

"How about you give me five more minutes and we can use the strap on tonight?"

Shay thought for a moment, "How about you get up or I won't use it ever again?"

Sasha groaned, the pillow muffling the sound. "You drive a hard bargain Miss Mitchell but I'm not leaving this bed"

Shay smirked when an idea popped into her head. "Okay, well I'm gonna go get dressed. It's my first day today at the station so I'm sure you're going to want to see me in my uniform"

Just like Shay predicted, Sasha threw the covers off of her body, grabbed her outfit from the wardrobe and ran into the ensuite to get dressed. Letting out a chuckle, the brunette padded over to get her uniform.

Shay couldn't explain the excitement she was feeling. After seeing Janel in the police force, it made her realize that she's always wanted to protect people, whether it was her family and friends or strangers.

After she was finished getting dressed, the brunette combed through her hair and decided on straightening it.

"Babe, are you dressed?" Shay heard her girlfriend shout from the ensuite.

"Yes, you can come out now" Shay replied. "You do know that I've seen your body before, you don't have to get dressed in the bathroom"

"I know" Sasha added, making her way over to the dressing table to apply her makeup. "But that's when we're you know..."

"Fucking?" The brunette answered, trying not to giggle at her innocent girlfriend.

"God, it's such a crude word. Why can't you say something else?"

"What should I say then?" Shay asked. "Getting down and dirty? Screwing? Pounding the punani pavement? Sexual intercourse? Take a pick, Babe"

Sasha rolled her eyes, "Pounding the punani pavement?"

"I don't know" Shay shrugged. "I read it online. Anyways, enough talking about the birds and the bees, how do I look?"

Sasha's jaw almost dropped when she saw her girlfriend stood in a police uniform. "Wow, you look... so hot"

"Thanks, babe. But do I look intimidating enough? Do you think criminals will run away from me?"

"Nope, they'll definitely run towards you, probably with open legs" The blonde snickered, finding her own joke hilarious.

"I guess that'll work" Shay laughed, grabbing a pair of black glasses from her bedside table. "I gotta go, but I love you and I'll see you at eight"

"I love you too, be safe"

After the couple kissed each other goodbye, Sasha checked the clock and realized she had thirty minutes to kill before she had to leave for work.

Having an idea, Sasha quickly locked the door to the house and hurried to her car. She grabbed her phone and called Ashley, pressing the speaker button when she started up the engine.

"Hey, darling" The blonde's voice echoed.

"Hey, Ash. Wanna meet up for coffee?"

"I'm actually at Alfred right now" Ashley replied.

"I'll be there in like five minutes"

Pulling into the parking lot, Sasha checked her makeup in the rear-view mirror before getting out. Walking into the cafe, Sasha heard the bell ringing above her.

"Hi, I'm Wendy Lee, how may I help you?" The employee said, smiling at the younger blonde.

"Hi, can I just have a latte please" Sasha replied, pulling five dollars out of her purse.

"Of course, and may I add that I love your hair" The redhead complimented, handing Sasha the change.

"Thank you, I'll be over at table 3 is that okay?"

The woman nodded and turned around to make the coffee.

Sasha sauntered over to the table where her best friend was sat.

"Hey, gorgeous" Sasha greeted, smiling at the blonde opposite of her.

"Hey, did that lady compliment your hair?" Ashley asked, glancing over at the older woman behind the counter.

"Yeah, why?"

Ashley shook her head. "No reason, she did the same to me"

"Maybe she's into blonde's" Sasha giggled, pulling her phone from her pocket.

"Ew, no. She's old enough to be our mom"

Sasha giggled, "You think she is a mom?"

"What kind of question is that?" Ashley laughed, picking up her cup and taking a sip of the hot coffee.

"Just curious. Anyways, tell me about New York"

Before Ashley could speak, the older employee walked over and placed Sasha's drink on the table. "Hope you enjoy, have a lovely day, Sasha"

The blonde's eyebrows furrowed. "Um, thanks, Wendy"

"How the hell does she know my name?" Sasha whispered, turning her head to spot the older woman smiling at her.

"I bet she likes you" Ashley teased.

"You're gross. No, I'm being serious, I've never met the woman before"

Ashley shrugged, "Maybe she knows your mom? She's friends with everyone I swear"

"Yeah, you're right. I'm just being silly"

"Hey" Ashley murmured. "It's okay to be paranoid, after what happened with Amber it's understandable when your anxiety gets the better of you. Did you take your meds this morning?"

Sasha sighed, realization hitting her. "Fuck, I forgot"

"You have some in your purse, wait a couple hours and you can take them" Ashley comforted, squeezing the blonde's hand.

"What would I do without you?" Sasha wondered, after taking a sip of her coffee.

"Well, you'd be completely lost without me and probably die from boredom"

a/n: ya'll i hope you're prepared for the next few chapters, it hurt to write them asdfdghjk
- s