Chapter 20- Tradition

~5 years later~

Jack is 17 and Mark is 18. Jack was on his bed looking his sketch book. He look at the ones he drew when he younger. Including the drawing of him and Mark kissing. Jack's face turned dark red when he saw that drawing.

He still like Mark that way but they're brothers. Jack sighed and grabbed his pencil to draw but all of the Mark charged into Jack's room. Jack quickly put his sketch book under his bed.

"Hey Mark!" Jack said in a cheerful voice.

"Hey," Mark said back. He jumped on Jack's bed and sighed. Both boys giggled. But Mark sighed again thinking about something.

"What's wrong, Mark?" Jack asked. Mark sighed and face Jack.

"Just thinking about the traditional things that royal families do once the oldest turns eighteen," Mark told Jack. Jack looked at Mark confused.

"What happens?" Jack asked.

"Well, once the oldest turns eighteen they become king but for order to do that, they have to force into marriage," Mark explained. Jack felt his heart shattered. His crush/brother is going to be force into marriage. He probably going to choose her over him anyways so, what's the point?

Jack nodded.

"What if ye don't want to marry the person ye are getting force to marry to?" Jack asked. 

"They make you do it anyways." Jack nodded and try to brush the thoughts off by playing around with Mark. They were giggling and laughing as they were playing around. They stopped and looked at each others eyes. They leaned in. They notice what they were doing and pull their heads away from each other's.

They heard a knock at the door and Jack head up to the door to answer it. It was the servant. The servant told them that Mark's father wanted to see Mark. Mark got up and head out the door. The door closes and Jack got his sketch book back out. He grabbed his pencil and started drawing what happened.

Though his heart is shattered.