Chapter 17- The Truth

Jack was getting beat every night and Mark was getting more suspicious . It was night-time and Mark was still up with his guards. He saw a servant with a whip going to Jack's room. Mark and his guards sneak up to Jack's room and looked through the creaked door.

Mark was shocked by how the servant whipped Jack. Is that Jacob? Mark asked himself.

"Guards!" Mark shouted and all of the guards ran into the room. The guards grabbed Jacob and Jack fell to the ground on his knees crying. Mark ran up to Jack as the guards took Jacob away to the dungeon. Mark took off the shirt around Jack's mouth and untied him. "Are you okay?"

 Jack hugged Mark and continues sobbing over what just happened.

"Shh, it's okay," Mark said, smoothly. "I'm here." Mark picked Jack up and carried him to the bathroom. Mark sat Jack down on the toilet and got out a roll of bandages.

"Ye could've just left me there," Jack said. "Getting beat up." Mark started wrapping bandages around Jack's chest.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" Mark asked. Jack looked away.

"Because he said that if I tell anyone, my punishment will be worst," Jack told Mark. Mark nodded and finished patching Jack up.

"So, is this why you and your mother left your dad?" Mark asked.

"Yeah, he drinks a lot and abuse me and my mother," Jack told Mark. "That also explains why I was so tired the past few days." Mark sighed and picked Jack up.  Mark head up to his room and set Jack on his bed.

"You're sleeping with me tonight," Mark told Jack. Jack blushed and nodded.

"Okay," Jack said. Mark handed him a pair of pajamas. "Mark, I can always go in my room and get my own."

"Yeah but, I thought you would be too lazy to go to your room and get your clothes," Mark told him. Both boys got under the blanket and drifted to sleep.