Chapter 14- Lies

Jack frozed as Mark's father came back.

"So, how the meeting?" Mark's father asked.

"I-it was g-great, um I'm g-gonna head upstairs to play with Mark," Jack told him.

"Okay, go play with Mark," Mark's father told Jack. Jack ran upstairs to Mark's room and locked the door. Jack sat next to Mark as if nothing happened

"What happened?" Mark asked, sternly.

"N-Nothing," Jack stuttered. Mark puts his controller down and looks at Jack seriously.

"Tell me," Mark said sternly. Jack is still shaking.

"M-My f-father is b-back," Jack told Mark. Mark looked at him confused.

"I thought you were going to be happy to see him," Mark said.

Ye don't understand, Mark, Jack thought.

"Y-Yeah, I should be happy," Jack lied. "I-I was just s-surprised."

"Want to see him again?" Mark asked.

No, Jack thought.

"Y-Yes," Jack croaked out. The to boys head downstairs and saw Jack's father.

"Is that him?" Mark asked, pointing at the man talking to his father. Jack nodded. Jack's father noticed Jack and slides his thumb across his neck, signaling that Jack is still dead. Jack sigh and grew depress.

"Hey Jack are you okay?" Mark asked concerned.

"Yeah, why?" Jack asked.

"You're turning really pale," Mark told Jack.

"I am pale," Jack told Mark.

"No, I mean really pale as if white as a ghost," Mark told Jack. Jack shrugged it off.

"Oh well," Jack said. Mark's father noticed the two boys and head up to them with Jacob.

"Hey Mark, I want you to meet someone," Mark's father told Mark. "This is Jacob."

"Please to meet you," Mark said.

"Nice to meet ye too," Jacob said.

Tonight I'm going to die, Jack thought.