38. Change of Heart

Unedited and not proofread!

Enjoy x

_______________________

Chapter thirty eight. Change of Heart

I stared at the ring on my finger, possessed by the shining diamond that was on the small platinum band. The ring was so beautiful and it I just couldn't take my eyes off of it, it must have cost Leo a fortune but at the same time he didn't care about money. It did feel slightly weird to have the ring on my finger since I never usually wore rings, but a couple of days of getting used to the ring and I would be just fine.

I was engaged... those three words had been running around in my mind for the last two days. It didn't feel different to be engaged to Leo it just felt better, more normal just like everything was now coming together.

"We need to start planning the wedding," I heard Leo say, I looked up at him and smiled dreamily.

"I guess we do," I said. I shuffled closer to him on the sofa, and peered at the screen of his laptop.

"What are you looking at?" I mumbled as I stared at the screen, I was feeling slightly confused since he had a website full of rooms and places that I had never seen before.

"Venues," he answered my question.

"For?" I pressed on, for more information, since I was confused to why he was looking at venues.

"Our wedding reception, obviously," he chuckled, laughing at my dimness.

"Oh right."

He scrolled down the page, showing me venues after venues. They all looked really good and perfect, but there was one thing that was really bothering me.

"Leo, are we making the right decision, getting married I mean?" I asked quietly as I looked up at him.

He looked down and locked his eyes with mine, he didn't seem angry or annoyed gang I had asked him that question but I knew he would have something to say against the question.

"Leah of course we are. I love you, you love me. What more of a reason do we need?"

It wasn't exactly the answer I wanted but by Leo's tone, it seemed that he wanted to get married and I did as well. Marrying the man of my dreams had to be the best thing in the world; I wasn't having doubts about our engagement. I was just worried about what the consequences of getting married were. I had already faced many consequences and I honestly was not prepared for more.

"Leo's that's not what I meant. I meant our parents-"

"You know I don't give a shit about what my father thinks anymore and so what if I didn't ask your father's blessing it's not like he was going to give it to me anyways," he scoffed.

He had a point. Even if my father never gave Leo his blessing, even if Leo asked, Leo would have just proposed anyway. I guess I did mean a lot more than a stupid blessing. Even though my father had rang me himself saying that he would never approve, it did t hurt me at all. I couldn't care less what my parents thought about me, because at the end of the day they kicked me out of their lives. They were the ones that wanted nothing more to do with me, and I just couldn't care less anymore.

I wasn't worried about my parents; I was just worried about my in laws to be. I knew that there was no way I would be fully accepted into the Russo family, all because of two people.

"But I can't just marry you, when your father doesn't approve of me. How on earth am I supposed to take your surname when your father won't even let me into your family-?"