7. Knocked out

Picture of Don on the side played by Sean O'Pry

********>

Chapter seven. Knocked out.

"Okay honey. My number is on the fridge. If you need anything just call me don't hesitate. Avery should go to sleep at half past seven. She has already eaten her lunch but just give her a snack, dinner and hot chocolate before she goes to bed. Oh and sweetie please if you could read her a bed time story," Mrs Marshall said to me. I was looking after her little three year old girl Avery. Mrs Marshall and her husband were going away for the rest of the day and they would be back by ten o'clock, eleven the latest.

Avery was the only child that I looked after. I was lucky enough to be in the post office to take down the banners and notices but Mrs Marshall saw me and she looked very desperate. After my little issue with Mrs Beaumont I didn't want to be a baby sitter anymore but there was something about Mrs Marshall that just told me to help her out. She told me her situation that she hardly got to spend any time with her husband since they both worked nearly all the time and Avery's nanny didn't work on the weekends so I took the job of looking after her on Saturdays and Sundays. Since I worked on Saturdays I usually went to the Marshall's after work. Sometimes I stayed round the Marshalls I knew what I was doing was a bit like a nanny but I adored looking after Avery she was such an angel!

The Marshalls had an older boy as well, but he was at a friend's house for a sleepover, I sometimes looked after him as well since he was only eight years old. The boy's name was Jason but he preferred to be called Jace.

"Okay Mrs Marshall. Don't worry Avery is in good hands I promise you," I smiled at her as she took Avery from me and kissed her cheeks and hugged the life outta her. A pang of jealously ran through me. I really did miss my mother, a lot.

I had no trouble from Leo whatsoever these last few weeks I didn't even think about him one bit but my fear of him was still there.

"Honey please call me Elle, and I know you look after Avery so well," she smiled warmly. I and been looking after Avery these past few weeks. She was really a good sweet little thing. She was tiny but she ate like a lawnmower.

"Aha I'm sorry. It's a habit," I apologised as Avery bounced back into my arms.

"Bye mummy, bye daddy," she sang as her dad kiss her forehead and hugged her.

"Bye princess," Blake (Mr Marshall) smiled and walked out the door, Elle following him as he walked. She shut the door and I quickly locked it. I hated not having a Locked door.

"Right. Sweetie what do you want to do?" I asked Avery. She thought about it for a few minutes.

"Umm can we pway with Barbie and watch Barbie DVD?" She asked me in her sweet angelic voice.

"Sure," I smiled and carried her to the lounge and sat her down in front of her toys.

Blake and Elle Marshall were such good people. I would literally do anything for them. They paid me quite a bit of money more than expected ten pounds an hour. And it was now three o'clock. So I was bound to make seventy or eight pounds today. It was too much but they insisted.

Avery grabbed her Barbie doll, and I quickly put in one random Barbie film, as long as it was Barbie she was happy. I sat her down on the sofa next to me and she snuggled in as the movie started to play. I couldn't help but get hooked as the brightness of the film started.

**

"Leah, can I have a snack pwease?" Avery asked me.

"Sure sweetie, what would you like?" I asked her.