2. vanilla is poking me in the face (unedited)

Chapter 2: Vanilla is poking me in the face.

The meet- cute in writing is generally where the two main characters of a book or movie have a chance encounter that will set the mood for the rest of the work. Meet-cutes, just like introductions, are all about first impressions. Ironically enough, I have never experienced a cute meet-cute. My fuck-off aura means I clash with almost any personality you could think of. In short, I'm not a fan of writing the fake bullshit we call a meet-cute.
✳✳✳

"Do you think he's dead?"
"Taehyung... of course he isn't dead."
"Is he in a coma?"
"Oh my god. No. Well... maybe?"

I have really weird dreams don't I? Hmm. It smells like vanilla. I love vanilla.

"Dude, he hasn't moved in like an hour"
"Tae, it's been five minutes."

Wow it's like the vanilla is poking me in the face. Who knew smells could touch you? Wait ... WHAT?!?!

My eyes fly open to be greeted by two younger males sitting at the edge of my bed. The one with strawberry blonde hair and huge curious eyes was sitting the farthest from me while the other had natural, ungroomed milky brown hair . He had striking brown eyes and there was a smile plastered to his face.
The blonde boy smiled at me and leaned in close like I was a child he was about to tell a secret to and happily whispered "Good morning sunshine!"

Once I was able to process the fact that I had just woken up to see two strangers watching me sleep, I shot out of bed grabbing a pillow in the process. I started yelling and flailing around with the pillow in front of me. Hoping to make contact with someone's face at some point.

The two boys were startled by my sudden movements and the blonde one threw his hands in the air, started screaming his head off, and for some illogical reason, began running in small circles around my room. Some how, even in his frantic state, he managed to dodge a pillow I had intended to slam in his face as his screaming was giving me a headache. After this he seemed to remember there was a door and screamed his way into the hall way outside my dorm.
"TAEHYUNG!!!" the other boy cried out, seeing his friend had left him to fend for himself.

Taehyung didn't seem to mind being the lone survivor as he yelled back in a British accent, "May the odds be ever in your favor Jimin." After pressing three fingers to his lips and holding them in the air, he sprinted away.

I focused my attention back on the remaining intruder. I decided the odds would be more in my favor in a one on one if I actually aimed this time. So I raised the pillow above my head and slammed it down on his head as hard as I could. This blow was enough to not only knock Jimin to the ground, but I had also managed to bust a hole in the pillow. Instead of feathers raining down over my room like you see in movies, a few large, anti climatic, lumps of cotton fell out and onto the floor. Jimin took this opportunity to pick himself off the ground.
Without the pillow as a weapon, I began mentally preparing myself for hand to hand combat when the kid started talking.

"Wait"
I attempted a karate chop on his arm but it ended up hurting so I decided to stick with kicking his knee caps.
"You don't"
kick.
"under-"
kick.
"stand "
Kick.
He had backed up a little bit everytime I kicked him but none the less, he didn't seem very affected by my self defense tactics.

"GET OUT " I screamed as I pushed him one last time and slammed the door in his face.

That poor kid looked so confused. It made me really happy.

*knock*
*knock*

I looked through the peep hole and saw Jimin still standing outside my door looking clueless.
"I told you to go away" I yelled through the door.

"I can't really go anywhere though" he responded.

"What do you mean? Did you already run out of people to stalk?"

"No." He said hesitantly. "I kind of live here."

"you WHAT?" I yelled horrified.

"This is my dorm room too." Jimin said again.

I slowly opened the door to stare at Jimin in disbelief for a few moments.

This was not happening. I have to room with a kid who enjoys watching people sleep?

Jimin slowly walked in, carefully navigating his way through the door without touching me. All the while looking at me like I was the crazy one.

I turned around to face him and that's when I noticed the state of the kitchen. Just a few hours ago, the kitchen was completely untouched and had not a single speck of dirt anywhere. Now, as I face the room, there are used coffee cups on the side of the sink, two open bags of chips, empty soda cans on the counter, and in the middle of the floor, a shattered plate.

I turned to Jimin with a questioning look in my eyes. He simply shrugged his shoulders and replied "Couldn't find a broom or a trashcan."

I rolled my eyes and gestured to the broom right inside the pantry door. Along with the trash under the sink.
Jimin gave me a sheepish grin and started to clean the mess without another word in my direction.

As I walked back to my room I tried to think of a way too convince the Dean to give me my own room. There was no way I could handle this kid all year. I would rather shoot myself.

As I sat on my bed I remembered my luggage that was supposed to arrive while I was sleeping. So I walked back out to the common area.

"Hey, did someone come by earlier with my luggage?" I asked Jimin who was now slow dancing with the broom instead of cleaning.

After an elegant twirl, he paused to look at me, the sheepish grin back on his face. "Oh... um. Yeah"

"Okay so where is it ?"

Jimin reached up to scratch the back of his neck before replying,"Well I didn't know you were here yet and they didn't look like mine so I told them they had the wrong room. They took them back to the main housing office"

"Why. Would. You. Tell. Them. That?" I said now getting angry with him.
Why would he send my luggage away without even checking to see if I had shown up? Or without making sure that it was indeed for his roommate, even if I hadn't shown up yet? God I hate him already. Why didn't they just give me the damn janitors closet? It couldn't be any worse than this.

"I told you. I didn't think you were here yet." Jimin replied with a hint of anger in his voice.

"You're going to get my bags since you're the reason that they are a mile away right now." I demanded.

"No I'm not. How was I supposed to know?" Jimin retorted, the anger in his voice increasing.

At this I grabbed Jimins arm and pulled him out of the dorm.

"Where are we going?" Jimin said curiously.

"Housing office." I said shortly.

"To get your stuff?"

"Nope. To get a room change. "

A/N.
I feel like this got REALLY REALLY bad. Like the writing. Ew. I'm sorry for that guys. I suck butt hole. I'll get better I hope. :)

L.L.L.
-Sydney