Everybody cheered, including me. 

"I vote for Trip!" Somebody yelled and most of the class rumbled in agreement. I found the boy who I have learned as Trip in the crowd, smiling proudly.

"No way." Luke interjected. "Lindsay's got this."

I groaned internally and noticed that the only people supporting Luke's vote were Jack, Ariana and.... Adam? I didn't know he had this class. 

"No way, dude. Trip won national's last year." Somebody bragged.

"Lindsay wasn't aloud to compete because she was too fast." Jack interrupted.... how did he know that?

The whole class was silent for a minute. "I still think we should go with Trip. I mean, c'mon dude, she's a girl. She can't be that fast." A guy said.

Luke shrugged. "Whatever, dude. But when we're running fifteen laps, it's on you."

"Hey, I have an idea." Mrs. Jacubs interrupted their debate. Everybody looked at her curiously. "People who are in favor of Trip, go sit on that side of the bleachers." Everybody started moving to where Mrs. Jacubs pointed on the bleachers. "Everybody who is in favor of Lindsay winning, sit on the other side." Jack, Luke, and Ariana made their way to the other side, leaving me and Trip standing on the gym floor with Mrs. Jacubs.

"Okay, so if Trip wins, Team Lindsay has to run for the week and they don't get the ice cream party like everyone else. If Lindsay wins, everybody except for Team Lindsay has to run the fifteen laps. Got it?" Team Lindsay? I don't like the sound of that. I also didn't like the sound of me winning against this guy and making my whole gym class hate me, but I wasn't going to let him win.

Mrs. Jacubs led the class to the track that traced the football field and the class took their seats on the bleachers while Trip stretched and I stood their like an idiot.

"Lindsay, it would help if you stretched." Mrs. Jacubs advised.

Trip snickered. "Sorry, babe, but nothing's going to help you win."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I don't like stretching. I'll be fine, though."

She looked unsure. "Alright, if you're sure."

I smiled. "I'm sure."

Trip stood up and looked at me with a friendly smile, he was kinda cute, if I do say so myself. He had dirty blond shaggy hair and bright blue eyes.

"Good luck." He chuckled.

"Thanks." I chirped sweetly. "I can only hope that I don't look like a complete idiot out there." 

He smirked. "If you think I'm going easy on you, you're sadly mistaken." He said as we walked to the starting line.

I smiled back. "I don't expect you to."

"Okay, so it's just three laps around the track. First one to finish, wins." Mrs. Jacubs announced.

Trip and I nodded in understanding and he got into a stance, preparing to run as I just stood their waiting.

"Ready... set... GO!" 

And we were off. I could have ran faster than I did, but I kept Trip's pace as he ran so that we were running side by side.

"You have quite some fans." I said nicely, nudging towards the class as they cheered and  hollered for Trip.

He shrugged. "They just want ice cream."

"I see."

"So you're like, really fast, huh?" He asked, breathing heavily.

I chuckled. "Yup." We were half way done with the first lap.