Chapter 17. Happy Days?

Gavin~

As there are much more important things to do, the King and Queen both left around 3 hours after the whole ordeal of us explaining the situation. I'm just happy that they believed it. I think they believed it. Calvin's explanation was half a lie, half a truth. I can't judge Calvin for what he said though, at the situation we just needed to show them something. Although, lying never did do any good for us so that thought does frequently come back to me. One day though, when everything's more settled and we're sure that we can open up more, we'll tell them everything. It's not like we'll be able to hide everything to them for very long anyways.

I just hope things go on smoothly...for now. We'll clear things up though. Soon.

"We'll leave when your ready Gavin." I focus my thoughts back on reality and watch Calvin with Kai in his arms. "It's not like that decision actually lies on me." I replied back. His parents told us to go back to the capitol, the palace as it would be better for Kai to be there as you know...he is the Prince. I feel bad for making more trouble for them as now they have to come up with a plan with explaining to everyone why there's suddenly Kai and myself in the picture without anyone really being warned. I wonder what those people back at where we lived whilst I was pregnant would think.

Sorry.

"They didn't say an exact time. Just tomorrow. We can always leave in the afternoon, get there at night and we can ignore them and get away from them using it being too late as an excuse. That sounds like an amazing idea." I chuckled and looked down at my two feet. I can't wait to go to their home. I can't imagine living in the palace...it just looks too big for a family and too...formal-y. Does that even make sense?

"Calvin, what's it like living in the Palace? Heck, what's your family like?" Now that I think about it, I don't know a crap about his family. I heard him sigh and sit down at one of the chairs, still rocking Kai, and looked around trying to recall everything it seems. "I don't know, where do I start? The Palace wasn't a bad place to live in, it's quite big but you know that was the place I knew as home so it wasn't that bad. And my family's rooms weren't close not like on the other side. My parents tried to have family time and separate that from the whole responsibility of being a royal. I really can't say anything bad about them, they were always there you know?

As for me growing up, I think I had a pretty damn good one. Grew up with Daniel, he's my brother. Speaking of brother, Leon definitely isn't interested in the throne at all. He's a good kid, it's quite sad that he wanted to live away from here though. I don't even know if the public remembers much about him." That's right, Prince Leon, the young curious and adventurous prince that was sent away as it was his wish on his 10th birthday to explore and satisfy his want to see and learn more about what's out there. He's a smart boy, joyful as I remember, and brave for even wanting to go away.

Now he's probably like 14 or 15 and still exploring the world. He's been doing good for the country, like an ambassador, returning back information about the other countries, kinds and giving them a good perspective of us. It's weird to think that he was only 10 when he went away, he's always been different from his peers. You should've seen it, a whole army was pretty much sent with him to explore and protect. Of course, the Queen balled her eyes out and the King made sure the leaders of god knows where that child went also had eyes on the young prince. He's obviously survived though and now doing his own thing.

You guys didn't know about the younger prince didn't you?

"I guess that's another person to surprise." I said referring to Kai and myself. "True that." He laughed. I stood up and started heading for the closet where I know our suitcases were hidden. I felt Calvin's eyes on me but I just ignored him, whether we like it or not, we have to get to the Palace by tomorrow evening and we need to pack. Well I do, and so does Kai. I doubt they'll like us showing up late or not attending at all. I'm already at a weird relationship with Calvin's parents, I don't want to have a weirder or bad impression. "Do you need help?" Calvin asks. "Not really, but if you really want to, you can always arrange Kai's things."