Chapter 7. The Confessions (Part 1)

CALVIN

Six months.

It's been six fucking months since the night of my birthday. Six months of dealing with the elders, my parents, and every adult around me asking if I have sensed my mate anywhere. Six months of lectures and low key hinting about the continuation of our family lineage. It's been half a year since I have rejected my mate. Half a year of conflict with my wolf.

The beginning was horrible. The Alpha in me hated me, growled at me, fought with me for rejecting our other half. I find it funny as he was totally on my side during that morning of the rejection. Now all he does is whine which causes me to also feel the unbearable pain he is feeling at the moment. However, something changed. Something different happened. Around 5 months ago.

I usually don't play around and act recklessly, sleeping around different women. But, it was the only way I had to distract myself to say the least. In all honesty, I didn't even end up sleeping with them. I stopped before we got into...the real thing.

I just couldn't do it.

Then one night I woke up when I suddenly felt my wolf waking up. I asked him what was wrong but he ignored me, no surprise there. He then howled, loudly and proudly. It was very...meaningful I guess you could say. I asked what it was about but he just looked straight at me and didn't say anything. Now we're in the present. Myself lying down on the field training with other people.

"You're getting me worried lately Calv. Everything alright?" I looked up to so Daniel looking down at me with a worried glance. He offered his dirt covered hand and helped me up. We were both sweaty and reeked. "You know I've been meaning to talk to you about this. You have been looking off since your birthday. But lately it's been getting worse. You know you can talk to me about things right?"

How can I just ignore his face? He is my brother, maybe I can tell him about what had happened. I looked around to see everyone else standing straight, finished with all the sparring and practices. "Let's get inside, somewhere more private first. I'd also rather talk to you about this when we're clean and well...not like this." He gave me a smile and placed his hand on my shoulder as we faced the other warriors. "Training is finished! Wash up inside, eat some food and meet up tomorrow like the usual. You're dismissed!"

An hour later, Dan came into my room looking fresh and neat. "Sit by me." He walked to my bed and he sat in front of me while letting out a sigh. "Tell me everything. Don't be afraid or restrain yourself. You haven't acted this way since...ever." I looked at him straight in the eye and saw no judgement but just concern.

"I found my mate. Well, I have found my mate." Daniel looked confused then smiled. "Congrats man! This is great news! I don't see why you've been being weird when such good things happened." Guilt is suddenly filling up every single part of my body. Why is this happening now? This is weird why am I feeling guilty now that I'm talking about it with someone else?

"Maybe because you're finally realising how stupid and horrible of a mistake it was? Tsk!"

I scrunched up my face and fought back. "Shut up Cadmus."

"I see your having an internal conflict with your wolf. But tell me more, so who's your mate? Is she from around here? How long has it been since you first met her? Is she beautiful? Oh, is the meeting as amazing as they say in-" I put a hand over his mouth to stop his rambling. All the questions are irritating me even more. He then licked my hand and I quickly removed it as he smirks at me. "Your fault."

"You're nasty as fuck. As for these questions...I don't think I'll be giving you answers that you might be expecting. That's why I can't really be overjoyed with the situation." He sits up with that and looked at me intensely. "Calvin what did you do?" I looked down in my hands in shame. Oh now it's hitting me.