You're Pregant #2 /another story

From: flickmybeandean.tumblr.com/

Sam: You hadn’t been feeling odd the past couples of weeks and you were late, so you decided to take a pregnancy test. You had told Sam and Dean to go find out about the case without you because you were feeling under the weather. This wasn’t entirely a lie. You were feeling quite anxious and confused. And now as you await your results, you feel terrified. How are you going to tell Sam? Sam would surely make an amazing dad. He is such a sweet guy, but would he want to be? Is he ready to take that step? Are you ready to take that step? 

Take a deep breath. You hold it over the sink and stare at it, waiting hopelessly for it to tell you whether or not you were going to be a parent. Should be any minute now. Any. minute. now. You are so preoccupied that you nearly jump out of your skin when a pair of arms wrap around you from behind. “What are you d-” The stick goes flying into the sink. “Is that what I think it is?” Sam asks. 

You turn around and look up at him, “Yes.” 

"Are you..uh..pregnant?" 

"I’m not sure yet." You reply, giving him a deer in headlights look. You spin around to pick up the stick. His grip around tightens as he notices that you are trembling a bit. You feel him staring over your shoulder at the test.

Two pink lines appear. You want to say something to Sam, but the words don’t come out. “Does that mean…?” Sam asks, trailing off before he finishes his sentence. 

You choke, “Yes.” You wriggle out of Sam’s grip and pace back and forth a bit. What the hell were you going to do?  You guys were dealing with an apocalypse, last thing you needed have a child to worry about. Take a deep breath. Hunting was an amazing life, but it’s no way to raise an infant. How would you help when you were pregnant? You’d be one big liability. Sam would have to have to travel a lot. Of course he would, he always does which leaves you alone. With a child. Sam’s child. Sam. Sam! Fuck, you are so wrapped up in your panic that you didn’t think to check on Sam. You look over to Sam. He is staring at you with this pained look on his face. His eyes were full of water. Was he about… to cry? He must hate you. He must be so furious that all he can do is cry. “Sam?” You softly whisper as you approach him. “Sam? Are you alright?” 

"Alright? I’m going to be a dad." Sam mumbles. A few tears fall down his cheek. You look at him, waiting for him to freak out. Perhaps it just hasn’t fully hit him yet. You watch as his facial expression shifts. If you aren’t mistaken, he is…he is smiling. 

"You’re not mad?" You ask. 

"Y/N, you’re pregnant. We are having a child. I’m going to be a dad. Why would I be mad? Terrified? yes. Worried? absolutely. But mad? No way! I love you, Y/N. I always will love you. I think somewhere in the back of my mind I wanted this all along." 

"But what about everything that’s going on? A baby is sort of a big responsibility." You reply, seriously.

"We’ll figure it out. We’ll figure it all out, baby. I promise." He assures you as he pulls you into his chest. He kisses the top of your head. 

"I love you, Sam," You smile. 

"I love you too." Sam says and kisses you. 

"If it’s a boy, you’re naming it Dean!" Dean’s voice calls from outside the bathroom. Relief washes over you as Sam holds you while you two laugh lightly at Dean. Sam’s so assuring. You always had thought that he’d be a great father, and now it seems you were going to prove your conjecture. 

_____________________________________________________

Dean: You were gaining up the courage to tell Dean all week. It’s eating you alive. As you are cuddled up along side of him watching No Country for Old Men, you decide that tonight is the night to tell him. Sam is out getting a bite to eat so you have some time alone. You go to say something, anything and nothing really happens. Dean doesn’t seem to pick up on your anxiety, but does seem to have his own ideas about what should happen tonight. You feel a his fingertips lightly graze your waist. They slip under your shirt and gently slide up and down your side. His lips move to your neck. “Dean..” You moan in protest. He takes that as a sign of pleasure and kisses his way up your neck, along your jaw, eventually to your lips. His lips feel amazing on yours. You want nothing but to feel those lips on yours, but you have to tell him. The longer you wait, the worse his reaction will be. You pull away, sit up, and turn off the television.