Falling a Sleep

From: consultingschoolgirl.tumblr.com/

Cas

Falling asleep with Cas is entirely different to anything else you’ve ever experienced. Since the angel himself doesn’t sleep, he chooses to watch over you through the night. You lie facing each other. You aren’t touching and both of you are silent, aside from the steady breathing of the Winchester brothers who are sleeping across the room.

“You are tired,” he says softly, a sight frown lining his features. You shake your head.

“I’m okay.”

He watches you, the love in his bright eyes relentless, his face undeniably cute and innocent. You suddenly feel exposed, but not in a bad way; it feels as though Castiel sees all of you and doesn’t dislike a single part. His gaze feels like acceptance.

“Sleep,” he whispers, and obediently you close your eyes. 

There’s a pause before you hear the sheets beside you shifting, and you sense him coming closer. Hesitantly, almost shyly, Castiel kisses your forehead, and his lips linger there for just a moment.

“I love you, Cas,” you mumble, opening one eye to look at him. He smiles ever so slightly. 

“Just sleep.”

Dean

He’s bruised and broken from your last hunt, but still as beautiful as ever. A grunt passes his lips - from pain, you assume - and as he lays down next to you, you hear him muttering to himself. 

“You sound like Bobby when you do that,” you say, and he knows from the laugh that laces your voice that you’re teasing him. He bats at you half-heartedly and tells you to shush. You laugh again and move closer to lay on your side next to him, and he wraps an arm around your shoulders, pulling you in so your head lays on his chest. Delicately, you trace the lines of his tattoo and draw patterns over his bare skin. He chuckles when it tickles, and eventually holds your hand in his to keep it still. 

“Hey, I wasn’t done,” you say in protest.

“You’re done. We’re sleeping now.” He wriggles about beneath you, and you pull the covers over you both. For a moment, there’s silence, which is rare for the two of you, but he quickly breaks it. 

“I love you,” he tells you quietly, and the words sound sincere and beautiful in his mouth. You blush, and thank god that it’s too dark for him to see that. 

“I love you, too. Now shut up and sleep.”

Sam 

You’re already in bed when Sam gets there. He puts his weight on the mattress as gently as possible so he doesn’t disturb you, and edges closer to you between the sheets. 

He brushes the hair off of your neck with the intention of kissing it, but he gets distracted by how soft it is and instead strokes the strands through his fingers, breathing in deeply to smell your shampoo. Eventually he tires of this and wraps one arm around your waist, pulling you in so that your bodies are moulded together. 

“Sam, I was sleeping,” you whine indignantly, and he kisses your shoulder. 

“Sorry, baby. Go back to sleep now, okay?” 

You nod, and close your eyes again, even though you know getting back to sleep is going to be difficult. Sam, however, falls asleep with ease; you feel his protective grip on you go slack slightly, and the rhythm of his breath on the back of your neck slows into something calming, intoxicating. After a while, you find yourself drifting off, too.