Chapter 4: A Ruined Party

Once everybody was awake, we all had breakfast together in the dining room.

"Mom, I know it's your first day at home, but can I go out today? I haven't seen my friends for quite a while now," I said.

My mom looked at my dad. My dad nodded.

"Yeah, you can go ahead, you've done well on taking care of the kids. You deserve it," said Dad.

"Yes! Thank you Dad!" I said, hugging him.

I texted my friends and told them that we could hang out today.

Later that day, Stephanie picked me up and we went out to the mall with Rachel.

"Finally! You're free Em!" said Stephanie.

"Yeah, it's been a hell of a long week," I said.

"I heard about what happened to your mom. Is she alright?" asked Rachel.

"Yeah, she's getting better, but you should've seen her that night. When she had the accident. It was so bad that I thought that she might've died," I said.

"Oh my god, you must've been so scared," said Rachel.

"Yeah, I was. But the kids were even more scared," I said, thinking about that night at the hospital.

"Awww...Poor guys," said Stephanie.

"Anyways, how're things between you and your boyfriends?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Everything's fine," said Stephanie.

"Oh did you hear about Markus? People's saying that he's gay. Some of the ladies posted him with some other guy on Instagram," said Rachel.

"Whoa, really? Markus is gay?" I said.

"Yeah, everyone was surprised when they found out," said Rachel.

"Hey, let's stop buy here," said Stephanie, pointing at a store filled with baby clothes.

"Why do you want to stop here?" I asked.

"Let's find some cute baby clothes for your siblings," she said.

"Oh, look at this one," said Rachel, pointing to a pink cute dress with a bow on the front.

"Ooh, this one's adorable," said Stephanie, looking at a biker costume for baby boys.

"My parents wouldn't want my baby brother to wear that. It would scare the hell out of them," I said, "and I don't want my baby brother to turn into a gangster when he grows up."

"Relax, Em, he's just a baby. He won't care about those stuff anyways," said Stephanie.

"Yeah, come on Em. Buy your little siblings some fashionable clothes. Other babies would be so jealous of them," said Rachel.

I smiled.

Stephanie and Rachel kept on searching for little baby clothes. They picked three out, one for each baby.

"Alright, I'll pay for them," I said.

I gave the cashier the money and the person put the clothes in the bag.

"Next, we're going to buy some shoes that I heard were the best in the world!" said Stephanie.

"Come on. Follow me!" she said.

We followed her into a shoe store.

"Look at those pretty heels!" said Stephanie.

"Try them on," said Rachel.