Chapter 1: 8 8iblings

His hot breath was on my lips. Richard was pulling me into a deep kiss. His handsome face was kissing mine. We were having a great time.... until my cell started vibrating in my inner pocket.

"Ugh...It's my mom," I said, pulling away from Richard, "I have to go Rich. I got to go help mom take care of the kids while my dad's gone."

"Oh come on babe, we were having a lovely time here," said Richard.

"I know sweetie, but I have to go or not my mom's gonna find out that I'm going out with you instead of with Stephanie," I said.

"Ugh...Fine. But promise you'll be free on Saturday," said Richard.

"I'll try,"

"Don't try, just do. Meet me at my place and we'll continue from where we left off today," said Richard, smiling.

"Ok, I will," I said.

Then I pulled Richard and gave him one last kiss.

"Call me!" said Richard.

"Sure thing," I said, walking towards my car.

I met Richard at high school. We both went to Oakland High together. Richard was older than me by two years. When I first met him, he was this cute, smart, funny, and athletic jock. He has short, brown hair with matching hazel eyes, and he had a row of straight and perfect, white teeth. He had good grades, and his father's a doctor and his mother's a lawyer. Richard has an older sister who's already gone to college in California. He also has lots of friends at school and I have become one of his bestest girlfriend of all time! At first, I was nervous on seeing him, but when he started giving me some tutors on math, I started to get to know him and then we had our awesome first kiss in the library! From that day on, we started hanging out with each other secretly, because we didn't want our parents to find out that we were dating and because other girls were gonna be jealous of me.

As I arrived on my driveway, I saw the lights in the house all off. I parked the car in the garage and went inside. I lived in a pretty decent house. There were about six bedrooms upstairs. We had three living rooms; one on top and two on the bottom. The kitchen is pretty big and we have a nice view of the backyard. We also had a swimming pool outside. As I stepped inside the house, I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge to grab a can of root beer. I drank it and threw it away. Then, I went upstairs to go to my room. I saw that the babies' room light was on and the door was wide open. Uh oh if my mom finds out I've been going out this late, she's gonna seriously kill me. I heard my mother make some cooing sounds to my baby brother. What should I do? Stay outside here forever? I decided to walk in the room and I saw that my mom was rocking my baby brother to sleep. My mom saw me and asked me where I have been.

"I told you that I was out with Stephanie," I lied.

"And what time is it right now?" asked my mom.

"It's 11:30,"

"Exactly... And I asked you to help me take care of the kids today," said my mom.

"Yeah, I know... I guess I forgot," I said.

"I can't do this alone with your father going back to work in the military," she explained.

"I know, I'm sorry. Tomorrow I'm gonna stay at home and look after them," I said.

"You're the oldest and you should be more responsible, Emily. Tomorrow, I'm going back to work. You stay here with the kids," she said.

"Sure thing mom," I said.