Unchained Hearts

"Rey Shut Up please! You know If I knew I would be in this situation If I don't tell her then I would have done that long back. But that time it was all too much for me too." Swayam said.

"Yeah I know. The whole thing isn't very pretty." Rey agreed to him and sighed.

The sound of footsteps broke their conversations and they faced up to see Sharon entering the room with a tray of tea and snacks for both of them. Swayam, like in reflex got up and rushed towards her and took the tray in his own hands.

"Sharon. . . Why. . ." Swayam was about to again start with you don't have to do this things  but thankfully for Sharon, Rey was around.

"Swayam your wife is pregnant, not bed ridden you know." Rey said and Swayam glared at him to which he rolled his eyes and got up.

"Sharon I am on your side but the guy is right. . . I am saying this more because he may kill me for encouraging you to roam around." Rey winked at her and she giggled.

"It's okay Rey. It's been long that I actually made something. Swayam just tells me to rest all the time." Sharon said eyeing at Swayam expecting a reaction but he busied himself in making tea instead.

"Fine. I will leave both of you to talk here. I will go." Sharon said and both the men watched her as she left.

Sharon walked a few steps when she realized she had forgot to pick up the business journal from the study which she wanted to read. She turned again and was about to enter when Rey's voice caught her startled.

"I don't understand what kept you from telling Sharon the truth about Amaira? You had time!"

"I wasn't ready. Rey, it took time for myself to digest it. And then when I did I wasn't ready. I had no idea how to confront Sharon with the truth and while I was at it the trip happened and then those pictures. . . Everything got ruined." Swayam said frustrated.

"I understand that Swayam. But you have to understand Sharon's plight too. She loves you and according to her you have betrayed her trust. And with your silence over all matter, it seems fair to be frank. Why don't you just tell her? I mean she is going to be in distress I know but at least she will have you by her side."

"Rey what is this you think? Get one lose two or three or whatever it is? I am beside her anyway. I am not leaving her. It took me a whole lot of deal to beak the barriers Sharon had made around herself in the past and I will not let her succumb into that again, ever."

"And how does this distance between both of you is going to help your cause?" 

"She cannot hide anything from me. I can read her in and out. I can support her even being at a distance. But there is no else who can do that. And I am scared with truth coming out She would return to her old ways. Rey I know what you are saying is right, that I should tell her the entire truth but the time is critical right now, she is having a child in her womb. I cannot do that to her, not right now." Swayam said as his voice quivered.

The room fell silent after the conversation. Every word that Sharon heard from the duo left her stunned. Her eyes brimmed with tears when she heard Rey's voice again.

"Fine I get your point here. But what about the pictures you mentioned? At least you could tell her something about it. I know it's all interrelated and blah blah blah but still you could have maybe what made up a story, oh my god you could have at least denied the forge when you know the truth."

"Who made you a lawyer Rey? Made up story really? A lie to protect another lie? You think anything would suffice her except truth? No. Plus she came to me asking about them but I was stunned. I never knew about such pictures, I don't know from where they actually came from. I was too stunned to react and Sharon took my silence wrongly to my guilt and after that whatever happened I didn't have the guts to tell her anything except the reality."